Home

Madden NFL 25 Video Interview: Total Control Passing, Ball Hawk, Interceptions & More

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Video Interview: Total Control Passing, Ball Hawk, Interceptions & More within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2013, 09:27 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden NFL 25 Video Interview: Total Control Passing, Ball Hawk, Interceptions & More

MyMaddenPad has posted an interview with Madden NFL 25 Creative Director of Football Gameplay, Rex Dickson. Shopmaster and Rex discuss the tweaks that have been made in Total Control Passing, Ball Hawk, interceptions and more. Good info here.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2013, 11:46 AM   #2
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 25 Video Interview - Total Control Passing, Ball Hawk, Interceptions

Heck ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good find, Steve.

I love, right off the bat, Rex mentioned, typical of Madden in the past, we bring out a new feature and then drop it the next year. Now, we want to continue to improve features we introduce.

Good answer.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:02 PM   #3
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 25 Video Interview - Total Control Passing, Ball Hawk, Interceptions

I agree with road im glad EA's not dropping the new stuff they added in and are fixing the bugs. I just hope with ball hawk and other new one they added in for db's wont make for ton's of int's like in 13. so hopefully they have both those tuned and bugs worked out. 25 sounds like it could be best madden in yrs if like stated they worked on things brought them and tuned them to work right.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:12 PM   #4
Rookie

NicVirtue's Arena

OVR: 0

I REALLY hope there is an option to turn the Ball Hawk feature off. I have no idea who really had a problem with going to catch the ball when you actually hit the catch button. I mean I understand that this game is for pick up and play fans too, but at least let us hardcore/simulation guys be able to turn the blasted thing off. Nothing infuriates me more than controlling a WR and watching him run past the ball not even TRYING to catch it. Adding to the fact that you can no longer strafe as a WR, making jump balls unrealistic and work more in the DB's favor. WR's turn around and face the ball in those situations and it shouldn't have been taken out the game due to the Rocket Catch. Instead of removing it, they should have looked to make it better and less cheesey. Now you have to hope and pray you get the right animation to box a DB out.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:10 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

I think this proves that the next gen will be much better imo. downgrading the ball hawk feature is fine, but the pass game should stay almost the same. it's great they admit their AI isn't good enough to deal with, but I heard the AI is much improved in the next gen.so imagine when the passing game becomes simulated almost to perfection.not in madden 25, but maybe in madden 15.until that point it's nice to see them taking out exploits.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2013, 01:55 PM   #6
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I loved every single word out of his mouth. As an unofficial leader of the "anti-lead passing crusade" I felt as though he was speakly directly to me!

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 07-02-2013, 02:25 PM   #7
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7

Man I loved this interview. As a good ball hawk myself in previous maddens before ball hawk was implemented I felt My advantage on defense was slightly diminished. Happy it was toned down and add now you can branch out and go for the hit is amazing news.

Total passing one of my pet peeves. Nearly impossible to stop online. If the defensive player is on your intended target's inside shoulder lead outside and vice versa. Hearing him say TE streaks will no longer be an easy exploit is music to my ears. Give my Lbs the ability to jam and knock wrs/TEs and RBs off their route when the cross the middle and I will be in heaven.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:45 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 0

Thats cool .

I just hope they fixed the exploitation of max coverage (spy dt send 10 in coverage) so you can actually run a draw or run with your qb for positive yards .

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »