Home

Next-Gen FIFA 14 Has Individual AI For All 11 Positions, No Plans For Kinect Motion

This is a discussion on Next-Gen FIFA 14 Has Individual AI For All 11 Positions, No Plans For Kinect Motion within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2013, 10:16 PM   #9
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Next-Gen FIFA 14 Has Individual AI For All 11 Positions, No Plans For Kinect Moti

Hey I wonder if they'll have players dribbling with their preferred or stronger foot? Or attempting passes with their stronger foot unless the ball is completely out of range of it... Or maybe they will just put in more signature animations?

PS. Hope this means that defensive lines can actually stay deep and not always move up to the halfway line. Thanks.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:40 PM   #10
We're Going Farming

Equinox831's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Next-Gen FIFA 14 Has Individual AI For All 11 Positions, No Plans For Kinect Moti

Well if it works how they're describing it, this should be a feature that's standard in every single sports game out there.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:30 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 21

HA! It would be funny if say you ignored Mario Balotelli for a certain period of time...then his AI Character would start not hustle around the field and be late for some passes and just look disinterested.....well until he constantly got the ball again.

would make for a new gameplay approach where if you pick certain teams for certain players..you would have to use them differently and balance the usage of certain players as well (to keep their moral level up)

but no I don't think we'll see something that deep for a while....only because it might be too much for the casual gamer.

Last edited by Afrikan; 06-26-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2013, 03:41 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
Hope this means that defensive lines can actually stay deep and not always move up to the halfway line.
Defensive lines move up to midfield when the ball is deep in the opponént's end, as they should. If you want to keep your defensive line back as far as possible when the ball is in your end, lower your User line length slider. Your defenders will then stay back in their box. I have mine at 0 for most of the game and only raise it when I need to go on the attack.

Last edited by Yeats; 06-26-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:33 PM   #13

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

This is another one of those features that I react to with, "so, you're telling me that this wasn't already in the game?" It's an annual tradition with FIFA.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:52 AM   #14
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
Defensive lines move up to midfield when the ball is deep in the opponént's end, as they should. If you want to keep your defensive line back as far as possible when the ball is in your end, lower your User line length slider. Your defenders will then stay back in their box. I have mine at 0 for most of the game and only raise it when I need to go on the attack.
We've discussed this before, but there is no way that I am manually moving my sliders in game when my team, based on my tactical choices before the game and formation, should be staying a bit deeper.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:00 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
We've discussed this before, but there is no way that I am manually moving my sliders in game when my team, based on my tactical choices before the game and formation, should be staying a bit deeper.
So you're not willing to use the in-game tools to adjust the gameplay as needed, so as to have an enjoyable FIFA experience? You'd rather be upset at the game and game coding as you watch your players run past midfield? Sorry, but that just doesn't make any sense to me. It takes all of 5 seconds to lower the line length slider, plus you can do it before the game even starts if you wish.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2013, 02:57 PM   #16
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

Yeah, I'm with Yeats on this one.

Tactical decisions - the decision to play a high line, trapping, etc. - are made on the fly and within the match *constantly* by managers.

I will agree that I shouldn't be required by EA's broken gameplay to pause the game and adjust sliders related to difficulty, speed, and things of that nature. It's a good idea and workaround, but it shouldn't be necessary. EA just need to done down the AI "cheating" and the lack of fouls as just two of many glaring examples.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »