Home

Gran Turismo 6 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Gran Turismo 6 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2013, 05:28 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
@4x49er you nailed it on the head. Sense of speed is ridic. When you're doing the in-car on a Nissan Leaf and are like "WTF why do I feel uneasy" you look down and see you're doing 70 and it feels like 70. You can see the car lean like crazy and feel it around corners. Also it really seems drifting is easier in RWD cars b/c of the physics (i hate drifting btw).
Old 07-03-2013, 09:53 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
I haven't played this demo yet, but I think some of the opinions about racing games becoming stale is spot on. But, I also believe that is because we have countless games where all you drive are street cars, like forza, need for speed, grid, GT, etc. Where are all of the games with licensed cars? Why not have a racing game where you can progress up the ranks of racing formulae until you reach the pinnacle, whatever that is deemed to be? And you could pick three distinct styles of racing... Open Wheel, Touring Car, and Sports Car.

Open Wheel would start in Formula Nippon and British f3 or Star Mazda, you could then move up through the ranks and try to make it all the way to indycar or F1. Then with the touring car one, you would start in the Renault Clio series, move up to BTCC, then go to WTCC, then to DTM and finally, the pinnacle being the V8 Supercars. And with sports cars, you would start in the Cadillac Challenge series, move up to the Grand Am Rolex Series, and move through that, then go to the American Le Mans Series.

How sweet would that be?

Sure, there are games like that now for the PC, but there is nothing like that at all for the consoles. It is all just street-based cars. So yes, it is getting very stale. Why not add a bunch of different series from tracks from around the world? It would be great and would keep the game exciting.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:41 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Gran Turismo 6 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterEgoDuane
I haven't played this demo yet, but I think some of the opinions about racing games becoming stale is spot on. But, I also believe that is because we have countless games where all you drive are street cars, like forza, need for speed, grid, GT, etc. Where are all of the games with licensed cars? Why not have a racing game where you can progress up the ranks of racing formulae until you reach the pinnacle, whatever that is deemed to be? And you could pick three distinct styles of racing... Open Wheel, Touring Car, and Sports Car.
You might be describing Project CARS, which is currently in development--not only for the PC but for the consoles as well. At least I think that game will allow you to do this if not something similar.

As for me, every time I jump into Forza or GT, I eventually grow tired of it and want a racing sim rather than a driving sim, so I've migrated over to PC where GTR 2 and Race 07 fill the void for me quite nicely.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »