Home

NHL 94 Anniversary Mode Announced For NHL 14 - Single-Game Mode, Offline Only

This is a discussion on NHL 94 Anniversary Mode Announced For NHL 14 - Single-Game Mode, Offline Only within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2013, 10:48 AM   #9
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: NHL 94 Anniversary Mode Announced For NHL 14 - Single-Game Mode, Offline Only

100% disappointed..

here is what i posted to them on their fb wall. ha!

"Ok, buds. This was a no screw up situation and yet you guys screwed it up.

Oh boy, an NHL 94 mode in NHL 14. Ok what? Um, well, we can already turn off all the rules, boost checking, use NHL 94 controls. Now you just made it easier for us to do so by making it a new mode? Jesus.

You guys couldn't give the hockey gaming nerds what they wanted? An updated NHL 94 via XBLA? Graphic updated, cleaned up old school graphics, rosters from the 13/14 season, versus games online (ranked and unranked). Could then have one roster updated after the trade deadline, even then update this next year with rosters via paid DLC.

All ya had to do was the above, yet we get a new mode in NHL 14 called NHL 94.. Jesus. H. Cripes!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..

Signed,
Disappointed Hockey Gamer"

if they replaced NHL 3 vs 3 with NHL 94 old school, with new rosters, and a basic online head to head mode it would be hockey gaming bliss.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 07-11-2013, 10:50 AM   #10
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
Make it a standalone now for all the platforms... especially PC, where the community can take it to the next level, like they have already done for the original NHL94 (Genesis emulator).

EA is so afraid of the modding community... When they should be embracing it.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:57 AM   #11
Pro

wallofhate's Arena

This is cool. Can knock nostalgia
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2013, 11:20 AM   #12
Banned

Profit89's Arena

It's the PC community that kept NHL94 alive and kept you guys relevant.. Never forget that EA. Never forget that.

So stop coming at the community and start working with them. They aren't your enemy.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:28 AM   #13
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NHL 94 Anniversary Mode Announced For NHL 14 - Single-Game Mode, Offline Only

Just my opinion... but something I might play one time just to see it and never go back to it again.

We've been crying for real time celebrations, more presentation, different commentary, enhanced BeAGM mode, etc.. I don't really get this?

I think this gen has run its course.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:43 AM   #14
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

Yup.. Very Pissed off here.. Typical EA SPORTS FLUFF!! NHL 13 needed a bit of work to be great... So what do they do, Waste time on stuff like this!! MAKE THE FRIGGIN GAMEPLAY AND PRESENTATION WHERE IT NEEDS TO BE!!!! Then after you have the core down, Then and ONLY THEN you can add you little nonsense crap... I'm Officially done... I was going to hold off on getting rid of my Xbox because of NHL14... and THATS THE ONLY REASON... Now I have nothing keeping me from getting out of current gen consoles and I will have to think LOOOOOOOONG and hard on getting the next gen... I might be done all together.. Games are rushed, No development time... Common theme... Corporation fat cats at their best... Oh and it's any larger corportation now... Not just videogames
Old 07-11-2013, 12:24 PM   #15
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

i bet you EA is trying to win those boys and teens who enjoyed 94 to purchase 14....specially those who stray away from EA because of their crappy effort after 08.

WILL THIS MAKE ME BUY 14????/ HELL NO!

Get your acts together EA and give us REALISTIC or at least CLOSE TO THE REAL NHL. IF NOT, better change EA HOCKEY and remove "NHL" in your title.It's embarrassing for the real NHL bearing their name to a product that is not exactly represent their game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2013, 12:45 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
I have a reason to buy the game now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »