Home

F1 2013 Classic & Standard Editions Announced, Trailer, Gameplay Videos & Screenshots

This is a discussion on F1 2013 Classic & Standard Editions Announced, Trailer, Gameplay Videos & Screenshots within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2013, 10:18 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
F1 2013 Classic & Standard Editions Announced, Trailer, Gameplay Videos & Screenshots

F1 2013 arrives this Autumn for 360, PS3 and PC in standard and classic limited editions. F1 2013 Classic Edition features all new classic content from the 1980s and 1990s, with additional Classic Tracks. Check out all the new F1 2013 screenshots, right here. GameSpot has posted an 18 minute gameplay video, featuring classic cars with Game Director Paul Jeal.

Quote:
F1 2013 features all the cars, circuits and star drivers from the 2013 season, allowing gamers to race as Lewis Hamilton in his Mercedes and Sergio Perez in the McLaren-Mercedes for the first time, and includes all of the new drivers, updated rules, tyre changes and remodelled handling to authentically reflect the challenge and exhilaration of racing 2013’s stunning roster of FORMULA ONE™ cars. A range of game enhancements, split-screen and online multiplayer, plus new and returning game modes, delivers the most complete FORMULA ONE experience in videogame history.

NEW Classic Content
F1 2013: CLASSIC EDITION breaks new ground to include official classic FORMULA ONE content for the first time in the series in an expansive brand new game mode introduced by legendary broadcaster Murray Walker. F1 Classics allows players to race against a mixture of original drivers and renowned team legends in iconic cars and features four historical circuits. Classic content can be enjoyed across a range of game modes including quick race, a custom championship, time trial and in split-screen and online multiplayer modes. Players will race on grids featuring FORMULA ONE cars and drivers from different eras, experiencing the differing handling characteristics and feeling the evolution of technology over the years, providing an eye-opening contrast to the cars simulated from the 2013 season.

F1 Classics: 1980s Content includes:
  • Five iconic cars from Ferrari, Williams & Lotus
  • Ten legendary drivers including Nigel Mansell, Mario Andretti, Emerson Fittipaldi, Gerhard Berger and others
  • Circuito De Jerez – Former host of the Spanish GRAND PRIX™
  • Brands Hatch – Legendary former home of the British GRAND PRIX
F1 Classics: 1990s Pack Content includes:
  • Six Iconic cars from Ferrari & Williams
  • A host of famous drivers including David Coulthard, Eddie Irvine, Alain Prost, Jacques Villeneuve and others
Classic Tracks Pack includes:
  • Imola – Former host of the San Marino GRAND PRIX
  • Estoril – Past home of the Portuguese GRAND PRIX
  • All The Official 2013 Content Reflecting what is shaping up to be one most exciting seasons yet, F1 2013 will feature all the cars, circuits and stars from the 2013 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™.
Hot Lap Gameplay
Need a little more than just the trailer above? Well we've got two Hot Lap videos of Silverstone and Nürburgring featuring in game footage of F1 2013 and commentary from Anthony Davidson.

F1 2013 Silverstone Hotlap

F1 2013 Nürburgring Hotlap

Expanded Young Driver Test
Based on the real world event, the Young Driver Test based at Abu Dhabi’s Yas Marina, where young drivers set out to earn a drive in FORMULA ONE, is expanded and tuned to ease novice players into the world of FORMULA ONE. Day One will use tutorials and explanatory videos to get new players quickly racing competitively. Day Two sets a series of increasingly demanding challenges, inviting repeat plays as gamers set to improve their score and master elite driving techniques, and unlock further race seats for their career.

Mid-Session Saves
Mid-session saves allows players to experience a complete long race weekend at their own pace rather than commit the 180 minutes plus session time required to complete a race weekend in one go.

Grand Prix Mode Returns
F1 2013 reinstates the Single Player Championship Mode. Players can once again step into the shoes of their favourite driver and race in a single race or complete a full or custom FORMULA ONE season in the pursuit of racing glory.

Full RaceNet Integration
Codemasters’ free Community Hub RaceNet will extend players’ FORMULA 1 experience in the game and beyond the box. F1 2012 launched with RaceNet in beta mode and has already seen over 36 million races completed by registered members. In F1 2013, RaceNet which launched in full with GRID 2™, will offer connected players regular in-game challenges, scenarios, community-wide challenges, visual stats and game progress updates to compare with their friends. Access for players is free via desktop, mobile or via dedicated apps allowing players to stay connected to their F1 2013: CLASSIC EDITION experience, and their progress in other Codemasters racing games, wherever they are.

Source - Announcing F1 2013 (Codies Blog)

Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2013, 03:44 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
In games saves are in or did I misunderstand?
Old 07-15-2013, 04:58 PM   #3
MVP

bigdoc85's Arena

OVR: 22
Does classic edition have everything that the standard edition has -- that wasn't clear to me. Price difference?
Old 07-15-2013, 05:02 PM   #4
MVP

bigdoc85's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdoc85
Does classic edition have everything that the standard edition has -- that wasn't clear to me. Price difference?
http://www.formula1-game.com/uk

--answered my own question
Old 07-15-2013, 05:21 PM   #5
The Bird is the word

Bighoff's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: F1 2013 Classic & Standard Editions Announced, Trailer, Gameplay Videos & Screens

The inclusion of drivers cars and tracks from previous decades is a awesome addition to a great F1 series.
I've heard this "patience is a virtue" junk all my life. I'm happy to say I have no virtue, no scruples, and no desire to wait too long for anything. In my humble opinion instant gratification takes too long!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2013, 11:09 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0
Expanding the tracks and cars in the game by adding old school stuff is perhaps the greatest idea ever by Codemasters in this series. Brands Hatch & Imola are great stuff. Still not buying the game, perhaps next year. I'd like to see more tracks and cars, it would be awesome trying a race with Fangio, Senna and Schumacher on it.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:07 AM   #7
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16
Won't be getting it...bought 10,11 and 12 and every year you win by a mile on some tracks and come dead last on others...all in the same car. The balance between tracks is way off...and until they fix that I won't be buying any of their F1 games.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:14 AM   #8
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
Looks great. Going to pre-order it on Steam.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »