Home

WWE 2K14 Hands-On Preview

This is a discussion on WWE 2K14 Hands-On Preview within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2013, 08:11 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
WWE 2K14 Hands-On Preview

Scott "ExtremeGamer" Burress recently attended a 2K Sports event where he was able to get hands-on time with WWE 2K14. Find out what he thought about the game and check out some brand-new screenshots here.

Quote:
2K Sports unveiled their inaugural effort at professional wrestling in WWE 2K14 after acquiring the WWE license during the THQ liquidation earlier this year. 2K has retained Yukes as part of the development of the game and the transition in publishers appears to have went smoothly as the game feels better than ever.

Of course the big reveal was that, for the first time in the Smackdown/Smackdown vs. Raw/WWE series, the Ultimate Warrior will be a playable member of the roster. The details are that the Warrior will be available by preorder only. This is a big deal to fans of the series as he's always one of the first made create a characters you see going into the Community Creations. The Warrior will be sporting his Wrestlemania 6 outfit with the face paint on his chest, big hair and trademarked tassels around his arms.

Read More - WWE 2K14 Hands-On Preview (Written by Scott Burress)

Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2013, 08:18 AM   #2
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: WWE 2K14 Hands-On Preview

"The match pacing is a big deal to the series. New this year to change up the pacing is that the strike animations are now faster, which allows you to pull of combos better and the moves themselves look smoother throughout a match. The strikes also are more difficult to counter, but cause less damage than a normal move would." This and the new reversal system sound promising. New comebacks, catapult finishers and 7 new OMG moments sound great.

Yankees: #AllRise
Old 07-16-2013, 08:47 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Yeah I might finally try this one after not really playing since N64, especially if they are taking cues from nba 2k to make it more fun. Nba 2k is the most fun sports game ever for me as I can literally play it all day
Old 07-16-2013, 09:06 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gronk4M13
"The match pacing is a big deal to the series. New this year to change up the pacing is that the strike animations are now faster, which allows you to pull of combos better and the moves themselves look smoother throughout a match. The strikes also are more difficult to counter, but cause less damage than a normal move would." This and the new reversal system sound promising. New comebacks, catapult finishers and 7 new OMG moments sound great.
Faster strikes is not really a good thing, at least for online play (and possibly regular matches, but we'll have to see just how much damage they cause). People already spammed on the old games by just throwing strikes the whole time and you could never get a move in without getting a reversal. Now strikes are faster and reversals are less likely? That'll be fun online.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:10 AM   #5
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
Faster strikes is not really a good thing, at least for online play (and possibly regular matches, but we'll have to see just how much damage they cause). People already spammed on the old games by just throwing strikes the whole time and you could never get a move in without getting a reversal. Now strikes are faster and reversals are less likely? That'll be fun online.
Fair enough but I don't play online, so not a bad thing for me.

Yankees: #AllRise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2013, 09:22 AM   #6
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

Nice little first impression. Can't wait to read about Universe mode and the changes to it. That'll be the deciding factor if I pick it up day 1 or not.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:22 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
I also had to ask Warrior how he managed so much energy throughout his career

Old 07-16-2013, 09:55 AM   #8
Pro

AirJordanFan93's Arena

OVR: 3

Still not sold. Better animations is all they got. What about the AI does it actually fight back this year or is it still a one sided affair. I know this probably a really early build of the game still but I need a little more than a giant recap of Warrior being in the game and some crap about the animations being better. Oh and more Ledesma BS publicity good to know hes still gonna be around

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »