Home

NBA Live 14 - The Science of BounceTek

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 - The Science of BounceTek within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2013, 05:00 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Live 14 - The Science of BounceTek

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
Seriously? More about the damn dribbling? I mean its good and all I'll come back when meat and potatoes of info a la movement player models spacing and defense gets a blog.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
One of the core fundamentals of Basketball is dribbling.

I thought the blog was informative. I would have liked to have seen a player loosing his dribble to further demonstrate that indeed the ball and the player are separate.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:29 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0
They are really giving it to us piece by piece ...I mean thats almost a given with the improvment of graphics I was hoping they would share some more exciting news but I guess we will be waiting till the last minute to get info about this game I hope they relize that 2k is releasing next gen as well so they are competition weather they like it or not and just from the one vidoe game james commercial I got more xcited than anything live has said. Plus 2k is already holding the torch
Old 07-18-2013, 05:30 PM   #11
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

OVR: 15
You guys saying "there is nothing here" and "it is just dribbling" shouldn't even have OS accounts lol. You cannot play the game of basketball without dribbling the ball.. By fixing the core fundamentals of the game they are actually laying the foundation and building upon that. Now as far as how well it will work in-game is a whole different situation but at least they are correcting a horrible issue. The game will look much more fluid if the players actually know how to dribble and the ball doesn't change direction mid-bounce.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2013, 05:45 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22cedric
I liked how the videos detailed flaws from NBA Live 10 and showed how they will be corrected in NBA Live 14.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
One of the core fundamentals of Basketball is dribbling.

I thought the blog was informative. I would have liked to have seen a player loosing his dribble to further demonstrate that indeed the ball and the player are separate.
I also liked that they showed past issues and how they seem to be addressed, then again, I think that the blog could (and should) have been much more informative.

I mean, they should have definitively showed us a player loosing his dribble to further demonstrate that indeed the ball and the player are separate, as you stated ... they should have also showed us players dribbling trough traffic and how the ball reacts in those situations or how it interacts with other players contact or how the ball responds to contact with the rim.

In sum, IMHO, we should have been showed more of the main feature we have heard/seen the most, yet, weirdly, not enough ... I have liked what I have been reading so far but, for further blog entries, I expect no holdbacks.

EA owe us to show much more if they expect me (us) to materialize my open mind and kind of current afinity into a buy ... and this blog didnt met my expectations, let alone, raise the "hype" (yet cautious) that I was building up.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:45 PM   #13
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

If NBA Live focuses on getting gameplay right, they have a fighting chance.

As much as I love the 2K series, there are some chinks in the armor once you get past the beautiful graphics and animations.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Old 07-18-2013, 05:47 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2
I was expecting more. I guess it's cool but why can't they show us digital Kyrie dribbling the ball?
Old 07-18-2013, 05:57 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
Seriously? More about the damn dribbling? I mean its good and all I'll come back when meat and potatoes of info a la movement player models spacing and defense gets a blog.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
It's the middle of July dude. Calm down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2013, 06:00 PM   #16
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27
Need to see more of this. Still looks behind 2k

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »