Home

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational Arrives Tuesday For PS3 on PSN ($19.99)

This is a discussion on Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational Arrives Tuesday For PS3 on PSN ($19.99) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2013, 06:28 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational Arrives Tuesday For PS3 on PSN ($19.99)

I love this game! So much better and harder than HSG Out of Bounds, and for only 20 bucks? An absolute steal.

This was my first game, lots of room for improvement.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:32 AM   #10
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

This game is a beassst.

Does anyone play online?

HMU-cardinalbird5
Old 07-26-2013, 11:51 AM   #11
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
This game is a beassst.

Does anyone play online?

HMU-cardinalbird5
I've played in each of the "Dailies" and have really enjoyed them. They've all been only 9 holes so far, and that may be all we ever get. It's a focused competition though, as there is only one level and one tournament. I think each of them had close to a thousand players compete. I actually finished in the top third in my first Daily, with my Novice, Level 11 player. However, I'm in the bottom 10% in today's daily, after shooting a 1 under 35. I double-bogeyed the 8th hole, after hitting a perfect drive. Problem is I didn't aim the perfect drive where I should have aimed it, and had to try to play a hook around a tree, blocking the green... it didn't hook, and I went OB.

I've played a few of the "Real Tournaments" that go off about every 30 minutes, and they're pretty cool. I haven't been able to get a head-to-head or matchplay round yet though. I never see a multiplayer room set up, and when I create one, no one every joins. Maybe I'm just on at bad times?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2013, 12:33 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
This game is a beassst.

Does anyone play online?

HMU-cardinalbird5
Quite a bit, however I play on the Vita version and therefore cannot play with PS3 users in multiplayer lobby games (it IS crossplay, but only with Real Tournaments/Dailys). Just don't really have any desire to do all of the Challenge mode stuff again after platinuming on the Vita.

I don't really like that online went slightly "Pay to Win" with the introduction of level 4 + 5 equipment DLC (that you can't unlock for free), but I think the difference will really only show itself on the tougher courses. And I love the slots mode - so unpredictable and just the kind of wacky fun this series has provided for so long.

PSN is bcruise, same as on here.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:50 AM   #13
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

First time I ever played the series and it is pretty fun. It is surprisingly realistic, despite the anime characters. I think this is more fun than Tiger Woods.

How do the real tourney's work? I understand the daily ones and I'll try one this afternoon.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:28 AM   #14
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
How do the real tourney's work? I understand the daily ones and I'll try one this afternoon.
Go into any of the lobbies, I usually go into the non-VIP lobby that has the most people in it, and call up the menu (I think you hit the triangle button to do this?). One of the options is Real Tournaments. Click on it and you're taken to a list of scheduled events. They're organized by golfer level (I'm a G3, but I'm not sure where that is on their overall levels). I'm able to join G3 and GF events, whatever GF means.

You can "book" a tournament by highlighting and committing to play in it by hitting "X". The tournaments go off about every 20 to 40 minutes (depending on 9 or 18 holes). You can go off and practice or play offline while waiting for your Real Tournament to start. You'll get serveral reminders while you're playing elsewhere that your tournament is about to start, at 30, 10, and 3 minutes out. If you're late and there's still room, you can enter as a "walk-in" inside of 3 minutes.

I played in two of them last night and they both had 30 players. You can see faintly colored balls of the other players as they play the hole, but they don't leave tracers like Tiger Woods 14, not that that bothers me, but 30 of them would create way too much clutter, as everyone is playing the same hole at the same time in HSGWI. When you've finished the hole, you can watch a status board showing scores, who holed out from what distance, leaderboard movement, and exchange text messages... it's pretty cool actually.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:07 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 18

I liked the previous version on the PS3. This looks just about the same. How many new courses do they give you here?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2013, 01:25 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
I liked the previous version on the PS3. This looks just about the same. How many new courses do they give you here?
Nine including the one dlc course. Each course can be played in reverse as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »