Home

Which Fixes and Tweaks Are Needed For NBA 2K14? Post Them Now For 2K Team-Up

This is a discussion on Which Fixes and Tweaks Are Needed For NBA 2K14? Post Them Now For 2K Team-Up within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2013, 02:06 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Which Fixes and Tweaks Are Needed For NBA 2K14? Post Them Now For 2K Team-Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS33
Have this thing where in crucial moments in the game if someone is about to have an empathetic dunk on a person with a high block rating. The game should go in slow motion and average out the defensive awareness and block rating (blocker) vs offensive awareness and dunk rating (dunker) and the highest average wins
Go play NBA Jam if you want that nonsense.

This is a simulation.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:07 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
Player personalities need to mean something. In years past, I've paid no attention to a player's personality when signing FAs or drafting players because I have never seen that it actually matters. Players with more outspoken personalities (like Matt Barnes or Dwight Howard) should get T'd up from time to time for things like arguing with refs.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:09 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Which Fixes and Tweaks Are Needed For NBA 2K14? Post Them Now For 2K Team-Up

-ANTICIPATION. preemptive rotations, shooting passing lanes, anticipation from the crowd on threes,dunks and buzzer beaters.

-Make sure that there is better dribble differentiation

-stop moving my player to allow rebounds and tiP dunks

-less bumping on the perimeter; accurate defender-ballhandler spacing

-footplanting, acceleration and speed consistency on defense.

-initial contact sequences visually effected by the secondary defender

-spacing and player control on non-play P&Rs

-lowered verticals on shuffling defenders on block attempts

Last edited by 2_headedmonster; 08-01-2013 at 03:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2013, 02:10 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

Fix the placement of the # on the Heats jersey.

Add more sizeups and dribbles moves like it was in NBA 2K12.

Fix the colors for all the NBA teams (Knicks blue and Bulls red).

Better looking menus other than the JAY Z look.

Go back to the team color 1 and 2 edit for all the shoes like in NBA 2K12, but allow the feature to edit shoes to with more than 50 edits.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:13 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 2

Now I know many people don't care about gameplay mechanics, but it would be nice if these Youtube guys could actually spend some time talking about substance instead of graphics, presentation, MyPlayer-acessoires, dunks and so on.

• Realistic generated draft classes to maintain balanced league strength over the years. So since 2k hasn't found the solution after 10 years of overpowered association leagues...if you limit rookies rated >70 OVR to 0-5 per year, the league turns out pretty nice. Right now, it's a mess.

• Fix distribution of tendencies/attributes/animations for generated rookies. This means more variety of different player types suited for specialized roles on certain teams instead of the generic crap we have right now. Also, not every SG/SF needs dunk >90 and NBA Jam packages assigned, just as not every white 6'0 PG should have layup at 90.
  • Biggest issue for me, and won't buy 2k14 at all if it gets ignored the 4th year in a row...is AI playcalling fixed? First of all, the "run best play" script is useless. It limits the CPU to using only a handful of plays no matter how many you have assigned to a playbook.
Playcalling should be handled by a properly working touches scale only!!!
Right now (maybe 2k devs don't know this), in fantasy seasons, as well as associations with trades and with changes to default rosters in general,
the AI doesn't recognize PGs properly and distributes touches according to some useless scripts not really related to the tendencies assigned to the players.
If 2k wanna figure that stuff out, simply start a season with a fantasy draft. Now watch a game with ball dominant PGs in coach mode and notice how the PG gets completely ignored by the CPU. You can spam the useless "run best play" option and you'll notice the AI suggested plays have no relation to how you scale touches.

It's a total mess and breaks gameplay against the CPU, especially if you work around the ridiculous PG iso drive spam in transition-script by setting the (1 year later still) revesed "run plays" tendency to 0 in order to try to make the AI play semi realistically. Why do we even need 50 play slots and a tendency that's supposed to determine usage% for players, if the AI can't use both?
I've tested it with lots of different scalings, and it turns out that with fantasy rosters and every player having the same touches tendency to eliminate any kind of team specific scripting, it simply doesn't work like 2k claims at all.

Is it that hard? Use some random generator to decide for which player the AI runs a play on each possession, with "touches" determining the odds of each player in the procedure. After that, why not pick the specific play randomly out of the playbook? I mean you could use the same probability system for finetuning distribution ( e.g by allowing us to assign percentages to play types for each player individually), but I'd be happy if at least the basics were working properly for once.

Also, it would make sense to remove "touches" from the bottom of the individual tendency menu and put it into a team management window, allowing us to distribute touches while looking at the whole team instead of scrolling though pages for each player individually.

Last edited by mango_prom; 08-01-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:18 PM   #14
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14
Man, where do I begin?

- Physics in the paint, there should be contact where contact happens, not some force field sliding bull.

- Make the ball tangible

- Nerf the spin layups/dunks like you did the eurostep from 2k11

- Get rid of Signature Skills, unless you can find a way to better implement them.

- Bring the post game back. Seems like none of the shots from the post go in anymore.

- Either speed up the passes, slow down the closeout speeds, or make the court bigger. Not sure which one is causing the issues with contested shots, but something has to be fixed.

- Give us control on defense. Why am I being sucked into animations that I didnt trigger? Why is the game not allowing me to closeout on shooters? Why is my man falling because I was guarding an ankle breaker, even though I anticipated the direction he was going?

- Less dunks in the paint.

- Get rid of the self-alleys

- And can we FINALLY fix the interior passing?! PLEASE?! Since 2k8 we've been able to pass the ball to a big man standing directly under the basket, THROUGH 2 OR 3 DEFENDERS, for an easy standing dunk or layup. Why is that pass never deflected or intercepted? Thats been my biggest gripe with 2k during the entirety of this current gen.

Last edited by quehouston; 08-01-2013 at 03:21 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:20 PM   #15
Rookie

Better A.I. offball movement when someone plays Tight onball/Tight offball on all 5 players. Players don't fight for position or free themselves up at all. There is also a bug where the defender playing the ball plays tighter when the double team is initiated.

Changes in defense shouldn't break plays. As a matter of fact, changes in defense or offense shouldn't occur. As it stands, I can spam a play for one player then change it 3 seconds later to send a teammate to the rim. Same thing on defense. It creates a pressure defense that sends 3 man to trap and if the ballhandler passes off, more than likely it'll go off of someone's hand.

The analog stick sprint defense needs to be toned down. It leads to unrealistic movements, the ball being dispossessed like I'm playing soccer and closeouts of defenders who were beat.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2013, 02:22 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by quehouston
And can we FINALLY fix the interior passing?! PLEASE?! Since 2k8 we've been able to pass the ball to a big man standing directly under the basket, THROUGH 2 OR 3 DEFENDERS, for an easy standing dunk or layup. Why is that pass never deflected or intercepted? Thats been my biggest gripe with 2k during the entirety of this current gen.
Well, that style of play is how you get enough subscribers to be invited to 2k teamup...

And sig skills are a good point...if they're still in the game, at least make them realistic. "Closer" makes no sense at all. Pointless. Deadeye/Spot Up/Shot Creator are too easily exploitable.

Also, sig skills feel especially cheap since while 2k added these on/off modifiers, they've completely eliminated the player ability screen we had in 2k12, allowing us to edit skills on a much more individual and deep level. So essentially, they've dumbed the whole thing down a lot, which many gamers didn't even recognize since they're only reading the name of a sig skill without looking at the actual impact on gameplay, which is far too simplistic to be a real "signature" feature.

Last edited by mango_prom; 08-01-2013 at 02:26 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »