Home

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational Arrives Tuesday For PS3 on PSN ($19.99)

This is a discussion on Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational Arrives Tuesday For PS3 on PSN ($19.99) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2013, 02:24 AM   #17
Rookie

Williekemp15's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational Arrives Tuesday For PS3 on PSN ($19.99)

game reminds me alot of Mario Golf (god i miss those games) i might give this a try!
NFL: Tennessee Titans
Old 08-02-2013, 08:43 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

I know a lot of people write this game off because of its cartoony appearance but I believe that it has better gameplay and physics than the Tiger Woods series. The anime voices can get annoying at times but luckily you can disable that in game.

I am looking to playing some online tournaments if anyone is interested. My PSN is jhamlin1971

Hope to see someone from this forum on there!
Old 08-02-2013, 09:02 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhamlin1971
I know a lot of people write this game off because of its cartoony appearance but I believe that it has better gameplay and physics than the Tiger Woods series. The anime voices can get annoying at times but luckily you can disable that in game.

I am looking to playing some online tournaments if anyone is interested. My PSN is jhamlin1971

Hope to see someone from this forum on there!
I have it for VITA, and played A LOT - but never tried the Daily's or real tournaments so I'm going to definitely try that out, sounds interesting and a change from the normal single player.

Depending how that goes, I may purchase for the PS3 just to have it on the big screen when I get the chances to play it there - I enjoy it enough on VITA so I don't know if it's necessary at the moment to make the plunge to PS3 version although $20 is a steal of the game.

As far as the physics, etc. vs. Tiger Woods - It actually holds up to Tiger however it's hard to say - I think they're about the same as far as faults between the games and real golf but just in different ways. I'ts been years since my last Tiger woods games but hitting out of the sand was always horrible. I think Hot shots has a better sand game to me and at the same time there are moments where I feel like the Hot Shots cheated me on a drive that ends up running into a bunker, landing in a bunker, or not making it across a water hazard when everything seems to point that it should have (wind, perfect impact, distance marker) - That's my biggest gripe with Hot Shots

Again 2 years since the last Tiger, but that Tiger and this Hotshots both are comparable in the whole hitting a tree - That's frustrating too to have the ball drop straight down pretty much when you glance a twig from a branch, lol.

Hot Shots is awesome though, I may get it just to see if I can get my wife to play because it's a very simple game as far as controls go that anyone can pick up and play and put together a decent round... But has enough intricacies and such in altering the swing/shots , etc. that are needed to really be able to put together great scores and compete.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:22 PM   #20
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm still enjoying HSGWI, so it wasn't just a passing fancy. I have (reluctantly) admit that I look forward to playing the HSGWI Daily online tournament than my own club tournaments in Tiger Woods 14. I do play in the "Real Tournaments" that are accessed via the online lobby and enjoy those as well. My gamertag is "rowjawuhtahs" if you ever see me online.

Maybe some of you HSG veterans can help me with something I just started experiencing in the game. All of the sudden, I started being really late in my button presses for both the swing strength and the "snap" point, no matter which swing gauge I used. It was so bad I thought my button was getting mushy on the controller. I tested the controller in other games and it seems to actuate with the same responsiveness as always.

I now find that I'm having to hit the button in an anticipatory manner than a reflex one to have a chance of having perfect impact. It works a good bit of the time, but it somehow feels a bit more like a guessing game than what my senses are telling me to do. Is it possible I've made some sort of progression that has changed that? I'd been using "Stuart" with the big air clubs and level 5 big air ball, and was managing that fine for two or three days FWIW, I'm a level 14 golfer. It just seems like there's been some sort of step change that I can't explain. I think I'll try playing as a novice character to see if this input lag is still there.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:28 PM   #21
Rookie

PHIBALNATION's Arena

OVR: 4

Great game, my Son and I both picked it up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2013, 01:26 PM   #22
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

So glad this finally came to PS3. Love the Hot Shots games.

Only two negatives I've come across so far is that the swing mechanic from HSG: OOB is no longer available, and that the level 4 & 5 equipment is DLC only.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Old 08-05-2013, 05:38 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
So glad this finally came to PS3. Love the Hot Shots games.

Only two negatives I've come across so far is that the swing mechanic from HSG: OOB is no longer available, and that the level 4 & 5 equipment is DLC only.
Advanced shot? It's still there, only now there's a bar next to your character that will show exactly how much power you have after you set impact - you still have to judge power by the backswing. Putting with it is exactly the same as OOB.

It's unlockable in the store "Others" at some point along with 2 other shot types. It might not appear in the beginning though, and I don't remember what triggers it. The Others part of the store will expand massively as you play through Challenge mode though - I know that much.

I hear you on the Lv. 4 and 5 DLC as it unbalances multiplayer. Fortunately you really only need to buy two Lv. 5's to keep up - the Big Magnum club and Big Air ball. You don't even have to buy the Lv. 4's first to get them.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:22 AM   #24
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

didn't know where to put this but here is the crown list, I've yet to see it show up on the tourney info found this tonight, enjoy

Beginners Rank

1-1 Make a Par or better 10m+ Putt and Win.
1-2 Hit a Rising Shot and Win.
1-3 Win with 2000pts or more.
1-4 Make a Birdie or better Chip-in and Win.
1-5 Fairway Keep 100% and Win.
Vs. Nalu/Cosplay
Get an Eagle and Win.
Amateur Rank

2-1 Win without using Spin shots.
2-2 Hit three or more Bogeys and Win.
2-3 Birdie or better the last hole and Win.
2-4 One shot the green on a Par 4 and Win.
2-5 Par On Keep/Green in Regulation 100% and Win.
Vs. Tank/Cosplay
Win without using Power Mode.
Pro Rank

3-1 Make a Par or better 10m+ Putt and Win.
3-2 Win without landing in the rough.
3-3 Just Impact 30% or more and Win.
3-4 Win without landing in the bunker.
3-5 Fairway Keep 100% and Win.
Vs. Erika
Win within the first 3H.
Cosplay - Win with consecutive Birdies.
Bronze Rank
4-1 Win with -3 or better score.
4-2 Win with 2000pts or more.
4-3 Birdie three times in a row and Win.
4-4 One shot the green on a Par 4 and Win.
4-5 Win without using Spin shots.
Vs. Edge
Win without hitting a Bogey.
Cosplay - Win with only one putt per hole.
Silver Rank
5-1 Perform a 1m near pin approach and Win.
5-2 Win with -4 or better score.
5-3 Win without landing in the bunker.
5-4 Birdie three times in a row and Win.
5-5 Par On Keep/Green in Regulation 100% and Win.
Vs. Max
Win with only one putt per hole.
Cosplay - Win without hitting a Bogey.
Gold Rank
6-1 Win without landing in the bunker.
6-2 Win without landing in the rough.
6-3 Win with 1500pts or more.
6-4 Birdie or better the last hole and Win.
6-5 Win without using Spin shots.
Vs. Fatima
Win without hitting a Bogey.
Cosplay - Win without changing the default club selected by the game.
Platinum Rank
7-1 Just Impact 50% or more and Win.
7-2 Par On Keep/Green in Regulation 100% and Win.
7-3 Win without landing in the bunker.
7-4 Fairway Keep 100% and Win.
7-5 Win without using Spin shots.
Vs. Isaac/Cosplay

Win with consecutive Birdies.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »