Home

25 Days of Madden: The Vision Cone

This is a discussion on 25 Days of Madden: The Vision Cone within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2013, 05:43 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 2
The cone was awesome...EA's Vision cone and Microsoft's passing cursor were the only two real passing mechanic innovations in the past 25 years and sadly we have neither today. Nothing is more frustrating than playing incredible defense and having your opponent blindly press a button and the absolute last second (on the run and across his body) resulting in a pin point pass for a huge gain.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:02 PM   #10
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: 25 Days of Madden: The Vision Cone

All this love for the cone.idk

In theory it was o.k. but that's if one truly made reads regularly.We all know when push comes to shove it was too easy to lock down on a receiver right away on that short slant,quick throw to the tight end and other high pct. pass plays.It just shortened the playbook depending on cone size.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:12 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 0
Love it i would make small cone qbs look like manning. It would be sweet if they would implement
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2013, 06:18 PM   #12
We're Going Farming

Equinox831's Arena

OVR: 18

I would love it if they brought it back as an option. With the next-gen of consoles out I want to believe that they could program really efficient defensive AI against this. I would love to be able to look off safety's and actually have it work. Maybe you call the same route combination too many times and the DB's figure it out, you try to look one way and go back the other and boom, a safety is right there waiting for it.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:18 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 55

Personally, I ****ing hated that goddamn vision cone.

I remember having to play on All-Pro with beefed up sliders simply because the cone was a requirement on All-Madden. I was so ecstatic when they scrapped it. Just thinking about that thing still gives me nightmares.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:28 PM   #14
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox831
I would love it if they brought it back as an option. With the next-gen of consoles out I want to believe that they could program really efficient defensive AI against this. I would love to be able to look off safety's and actually have it work. Maybe you call the same route combination too many times and the DB's figure it out, you try to look one way and go back the other and boom, a safety is right there waiting for it.
I agree that if there was an adaptive A.I. the cone would be much more useful and would negate what I said in my earlier post.Unless they do that it's just too easy to work around.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:00 PM   #15
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

I didn't like the Vision Cone only because that was back when nano-blitzing was ramped online and if you played against a nano-blitzer you didn't have time to throw to your second and third receiver option and they always took the first option away, but I did like the idea though.
I wish Tiburon would grow some balls, stop being lazy and be innovative in the passing game again to make it more realistic and something new and fresh because now after 13 years or so the same passing controls are just stale and boring. NBA 2K realized that their ISO-Motion controls were old so they changed it up, MLB The Show has multiple ways to pitch and hit why hasn't Madden changed their throwing controls yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2013, 07:01 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 6
Another added dimension of realism people often overlook when talking about the infamous vision cone, in a real NFL game, the defense can see where the quarterback is looking. Players that utilized linebackers, safeties, and corners could see the QB's progression, giving players on defense the slight advantage of anticipation. Without it, its just a matter of reacting to the throw. The offense definitely holds a strong advantage with the defense having no clue where the QB might go. Much of the time, by the time you know, its too late.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »