Home

NHL 14 Live the Life Trailer and Details

This is a discussion on NHL 14 Live the Life Trailer and Details within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2013, 10:33 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Ugh. Another let down. All the talk about them not having the pressure of putting out a next-gen title and having more time to refine this years and this is what we get? This is like pen & paper hockey. If I have to imagine it why would I have a controller in my hand reading text?

And I didn't see any gameface import option in the create mode! Now I'm getting upset!
Old 08-07-2013, 10:53 AM   #10
Banned

tfer717's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 14 Live the Life Trailer and Details

I just don't understand. It looks horrible. The same as Be a pro with some meters and graphs. Player customization looks identical to what its been since 2009. Like seriously wtf? Would it take them that long to overhaul that? What a waste of time that trailer was. I don't think I saw one new animation or cutscene. Just brutal EA
Old 08-07-2013, 10:57 AM   #11
Rookie

Rhouston's Arena

OVR: 3
Indeed, this is a very half-assed attemped to compete with 2K's My Player. So far, the last two "big" announcements -- NHL 94 mode and "Live the Life" -- were good ideas in concept but are being poorly executed.

C'mon EA Canada! Don't let your big brother in Maitland pressure you into living its lifestyle!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2013, 11:01 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 13
Meh. Not something that would make me interested in BeAPro. I would have much rathered that they put more effort into refreshing the BeAGM mode. Can we see career stats of players yet? Teams played for? Awards and cups won through their careers? Yeah, I thought not.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:01 AM   #13
Rookie

onac22's Arena

OVR: 5
If it won't make cash like HUT, then EA just don't give a F***.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:28 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Looks awesome. I really want to know what happens if the family likability meter gets to -100.

Old 08-07-2013, 11:33 AM   #15
Pro

drewst18's Arena

OVR: 5
huge fail :|
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2013, 11:37 AM   #16
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

It does not surprise me at all that this mode didn't change much and the stuff that did change is flat out cheesy. They are just looking for ways to market their game because they didn't spend a ton of time on 14. They put in a bunch of graphs, interview questions, and fluff but the most important thing that drives the mode wasn't even talked about. AI

The player management AI is pretty bad in this mode. You get sent to different lines even though you are tearing it up with the top one. The code that controls the decision making of this mode is just flat out bad and it doesn't look like that was even touched in the revamped "Live the Life" mode.

If they are going to half a$$ something don't put it in. Spend two or three years on it (like they did with the skating system) and put it in the game when it's ready. As I said though this BAP "overhaul" is just a way to change the name of the mode and put it on the box so people buy the game because they don't have much else to market this year.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

Last edited by bwiggy33; 08-07-2013 at 11:42 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »