Home

NHL 14 - Be a GM and GM Connected Improvements

This is a discussion on NHL 14 - Be a GM and GM Connected Improvements within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2013, 08:59 PM   #1
Pro

Dougie_G_93's Arena

OVR: 0
NHL 14 - Be a GM and GM Connected Improvements

EA Sports has posted a list of NHL 14 Be a GM and GM Connected improvements.

Optimized GM Connected Functionality – GM Connected will be more user-friendly and allow you to spend less time on loading screens, thanks to improved speed and performance in both menu loading and simulation behavior

Other updates include:
  • Commissioners can now accept & decline trades on mobile devices.
  • Counter trades can be proposed directly from the mailbox.
  • The ability to accept trades directly from the Trade Details Screen.
  • Users can invite others to a league.
  • All games in the league can be seen on the Master Schedule.

Deeper Be a GM Progression and Trading Intelligence – Be a GM game mode is all about creating an authentic hockey management experience. New scouting features, realistic ice-time simulations and adjustable trade difficulty settings create a deeper, more customizable experience in Be a GM mode.

Other updates include:
  • Potential is now affected by the number of scouting visits, creating a more organic experience.
  • Difficulty can be scaled to make it more (or less) challenging to trade with the AI.
  • CPU can sign and re-sign players during the off season for the user.
  • Player swapping is easier with just one transaction in the Roster Management Screen.
  • Players develop during the season, making for a more authentic gameplay feel.

Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2013, 11:28 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: EA: BE A GM AND GM CONNECTED IMPROVEMENTS

Disappointing to see no mention of adjustable season lengths. 82 games is simply too much.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:59 AM   #3
Rookie

Garism's Arena

OVR: 2

"Players develop during the season, making for a more authentic gameplay feel."

That's great.

Not much details. Seems like its more towards GM connected. I just hope they fix the PS3 simulation time.. it's ridiculous. Like 5 minutes for like a week simulation.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:45 AM   #4
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Oh man.. Unbelievable!

edit -

i just cant believe we didnt get anything for the online GM Connected. i mean i guess i believe it, but was holding out hope for just a few options.

the commish, with no upgrades to what he can or cant do. would be great to throw out a score, like in NCAA. be able to use custom sliders from within the league! yes you can now, but everyone has to have them set and saved on their 360, not happening with a bunch of guys. so again, stuck with default sliders!

we get faster loading times? umm thanks i guess..

we can now see who hasn't played their game via a master schedule? ummm, cool, thanks..

we can now approve trades on a mobile device? sigh, thanks i guess..

all i wanted was more commish control like NCAA and a site like NCAA (even if it was as good).

id be fine with if they limited the league to just 12 owners, if that meant other things could be developed and fixed. wishful thinking..

disappointed yet again!
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC

Last edited by Fiddy; 08-10-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:49 AM   #5
Rookie

That's it? How utterly dissapointing. I think I'm skipping NHL this year, first time since 2007. I only really play be a gm mode and it is beyond stale. It's frustrating ea doesn't seem to care to address anything in it. Quite honestly any effort at all would be appreciated.

I'm sure the same dumb screen will pop up at the start of the year "hey I want 50 wins outta you this season". Meanwhile you win 49 and your division but the owner is still dissapointing in you.

I'm sure you still can't sign players to extensions DURING the season.

I'm sure you can't hire coaching staffs and scouting staffs (that should effect certain attributes of your players).

I'm sure that players who only score 20 goals a season with an 84 overall will ask for 6-8 million a year.

Im sure the computer logic still isn't capable of offering a good trade offer to you and still is t capable of even managing their own. (Signing a high rates goalie to a 7 mill a year contract when they already have a highly rated/payed goaltender, putting superstars on waivers randomly...in my last gm Ottawa put spezza on waivers and Colorado put duchene on waivers)

I'm sure the other CPU Gms are nameless identities that are always there. By that, I mean all the other teams Gms should have a name (preferably real NHL gm ones) and in a news feed it shoul announce if a gm retires/fired, coaches retire/get fired or assistants leave for a head coaching gig etc.

Even smaller things that would improve it...

Like being able to trade at the draft inbetween picks. I can't believe you have to wait between rounds.

Or being able to trade expiring contracts of good players for a low pick.

Or not having the salary cap go up every single year (it gets over 100 mill eventually).

There is so much that should be done (I could go on forever) but I would be happy for anything at this point.

Instead, here guys, here's be a pro mode with a new name that features....wait for it...answering text questions on a screen! But wait, that's not all....introducing gimmicky NHL 94 mode which most people will only play once as its off line only anyway. And finally you have been asking for years so we final fixed this crucial game play function...fighting! Yes, despite the fact there so many other things to improve, this seamed like the easiest to do.

Ea needs competition...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2013, 11:05 AM   #6
Pro

Dougie_G_93's Arena

"Ea needs competition..."

Yup.
Big time.
When NHL2k10 still has great features that EA doesn't is rather disgusting.
Such as:
goalie mask creator
playoff beards
much,much better create a team options
roster sharing
I could go on...

It's pretty clear the NHL series is just about raking in money and not providing a top notch hockey experience.
I know all video game companies are about making money, but some actually make quite nice improvements....
Old 08-10-2013, 11:07 AM   #7
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

oh and let me add, i wanted the commish to be able to set user teams to auto pilot as well. wishful thinking! bah
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 08-10-2013, 11:32 AM   #8
Pro

Dougie_G_93's Arena

I play offline be a gm only. I would love a commish option for roster control to fix idiotic cpu trades......

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »