Home

Madden NFL 25 Features Audible and Hot Route Improvements

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Features Audible and Hot Route Improvements within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2013, 12:52 PM   #17
Rookie

champ1997's Arena

OVR: 0
Chip Kelly offense is going to be so much fun
Old 08-10-2013, 01:16 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Audible and hot route improvements in Madden NFL 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by passman11
while your statement is correct, ALL seasoned QB have checks . so im not sure what your getting at, you guys asking for a "realistic" video game is making the game worse, I don't ever remember all this bs on old gen
A check is not the same as an audible. Often a team will call two plays in the huddle and pick one at the line based on the defense they see (How many times each game do you hear a QB yell out "kill"?). That is a check.

Not every QB, or even close to half for that matter, has the freedom or ability to audible like we do in Madden.

However, having said that, I like these improvements. It should make for a better no huddle experience. Previously the no huddle was limited because of the limited audibles. This solution is much better than NCAA's system of every player and team flawlessly using their entire playbook in the no huddle. It is a little ironic no?

I do hope that the defense is not neglected though.
Old 08-10-2013, 02:16 PM   #19
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I find myself in constant "wanna get excited/don't wanna get let down" flux with this game.

Who knows man, we'll see.

Smoke screen is nice tho.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:53 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 25 Features Audible and Hot Route Improvements

does anybody know if personnel groupings will change based on using certain formation subs?

http://web-vassets.ea.com/Assets/Res...t-routes-3.jpg

i didn't realize until i saw that picture but that shows audibling from y-trips to singleback bunch. some bunch formations have a TE default in the bunch, but there's always a formation sub for 4 WR.

if they don't take into account the formation subs you can still easily get a TE at WR, it'd just be a little more limited.

if it does take it into account that would be great. it would eliminate WRs at TE but you could still come out in something like 4 wide with a TE at WR and audible to formations with TEs.

Last edited by gzenius; 08-10-2013 at 05:02 PM.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:12 PM   #21
Pro

videlsports's Arena

OVR: 25

[quote=tha_show256;2045334445] I like the idea...sounds pretty cool. To you all that think that all QB's shouldn't be able to hot route more then once, why not?? The way I see it that's pretty real life...QB's in real sometimes audible more then once, no matter who it may be, there is still a delay of game clock right?? So therefore, you have to make all your changes before the delay of game clock expires just like in real life.

I back this statement right here.. I like to play smart not just run and Gun, If I see an audible adjustment then I will use it just LIKe IRL. But I do think QB's with Higher INT Ratings should have More Audibles, that would be Cool
MLB:PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES
NCAAFB:PENN ST (Jerry's Gone PSU Moves on)
NCAABB:KENTUCKY WILDCATS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2013, 09:08 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 19
hopefully there are defensive counters to this
Old 08-10-2013, 10:02 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

[quote=videlsports;2045337142]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tha_show256
I like the idea...sounds pretty cool. To you all that think that all QB's shouldn't be able to hot route more then once, why not?? The way I see it that's pretty real life...QB's in real sometimes audible more then once, no matter who it may be, there is still a delay of game clock right?? So therefore, you have to make all your changes before the delay of game clock expires just like in real life.

I back this statement right here.. I like to play smart not just run and Gun, If I see an audible adjustment then I will use it just LIKe IRL. But I do think QB's with Higher INT Ratings should have More Audibles, that would be Cool
The problem is not audibling or making hot routes more than once; the issue some have is that in about 2 seconds time a user could hot route every wide receiver and when we audible it is instant, that is to say that I can hit square, circle to audible and immediately after snap the ball when in real life the process takes longer for multiple reasons.

Also in real life a defense can key in to the verbiage (I remember talk that the Ravens defense knew the Patriots audibles last season), now it is true enough that a user can pick up on audibles against another user, but in real football the QB will often mix in dummy keys to throw the defense off. This is also why real life hot routes take longer because a QB doesn't just say "X deep out."

Simply put, the game's handling of hot routes is not accurate with real life and there would be outcry if it were.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:21 PM   #24
Rookie

eds133's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Every QB in Madden should not be able to Audible and call an endless amount of Hot Routes at the line of scrimmage.

Madden: Where Mark Sanchez becomes Peyton Manning

Madden needs to either incorporate an Intelligence rating and/or implement some sort of confusion tactic (shaky routes, question mark the routes, etc) when a QB tries to call more than one Hot Route on a single down.
Agree with this. I forget which madden it was but when you had a QB with the lightbulb underneath him he could ready the play after a few times of it being shown... they need to implement something like this again to where it actually pays off to have a better QB AWR wise and stuff. Including changing routes.

Tim Tebow should not be able to make the adjustments a Tom Brady or someone can.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »