Home

NHL 14 - Be a GM and GM Connected Improvements

This is a discussion on NHL 14 - Be a GM and GM Connected Improvements within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2013, 04:31 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA: BE A GM AND GM CONNECTED IMPROVEMENTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
while i agree with this a bit, if we dont buy it guess what? EA will just say piss on the NHL and not make a game. is that what we all want as NHL fans?

tough call IMO..

for all the crap i give them, i appreciate the fact they give us an NHL game. just wish they would do more with it.

I doubt they would just stop maing hockey games if sales dip down a year or 2. Even if they did, I believe another developer would step up and make a NHL game.

I appreciate playing an NHL game as well but in all honesty if they just release the same thing every year, I don't feel like shelling out 60 bucks for it.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:54 PM   #18
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

I guess I'm in the minority. I'm very excited about NHL 14. I like the new fighting engine a lot as I've always said this was the most underdeveloped part of the game. And they seasonal progression... I like that as well so long as it doesn't take a page out of MLB The Show and have players like Datsyuk dropping from a 94 to a 72 by the end of the first year.

I think we've forgotten that they've made improvements to the checking engine (a big step in the right direction if done right) and overall the game plays great. There are many, many things I'd still like to see changed and made better but I feel like EA's hockey game has been the best hockey game ever made each year since NHL 10.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 08-10-2013, 06:08 PM   #19
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babar61
I doubt they would just stop maing hockey games if sales dip down a year or 2. Even if they did, I believe another developer would step up and make a NHL game.

I appreciate playing an NHL game as well but in all honesty if they just release the same thing every year, I don't feel like shelling out 60 bucks for it.
Thing is, their development budget is based off sales, so poor sales equals poor development resources. It's no win situation. I'm not saying everyone has to buy the game every year, but a mass holdout like some often suggest would only make matters worse for everyone. I seriously doubt anyone else will ever step up and take on a hockey video game. Not unless the sport seriously grew in popularity in the states.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:21 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

I've only been playing NHL since 11 so I'm not one of those people who are so disappointed in everything. I stopped buying Madden, that's a terrible product, didn't buy 2k this year because playing online is the worst. I still think NHL gives you the least glitchy play and the most ability to be creative in game. Gameplay is always the number 1 most important thing in a game which is why it's still worth buying. Yes, the other stuff is disappointing but NHL's gameplay far exceeds the other sports games, can't speak for Fifa cause I know that game gets a lot of love.

As an avid GM connected player I'm excited to see that if you have a good season with a player it actually means something now, that's important. You could have a 4.5 prospect and have a good season with him and he would not move an inch. I think that is a really awesome improvement and I look forward to seeing it. I'm hoping this means something for lesser prospects as well so if they have a good season in your minors they could make a big jump in ovr and go up in stars. That would dramatically improve the GM experience.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:32 PM   #21
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
oh and let me add, i wanted the commish to be able to set user teams to auto pilot as well. wishful thinking! bah
This was what I wanted the most. One would think that it's an automatic add.

Made my league a mess, having users stay as users and then win sim games.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2013, 09:56 PM   #22
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
while i agree with this a bit, if we dont buy it guess what? EA will just say piss on the NHL and not make a game. is that what we all want as NHL fans?

tough call IMO..

for all the crap i give them, i appreciate the fact they give us an NHL game. just wish they would do more with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
Thing is, their development budget is based off sales, so poor sales equals poor development resources. It's no win situation. I'm not saying everyone has to buy the game every year, but a mass holdout like some often suggest would only make matters worse for everyone. I seriously doubt anyone else will ever step up and take on a hockey video game. Not unless the sport seriously grew in popularity in the states.
Why buy the product then be disappointed and make tons of legitimate concerns and criticism? I've learn my lesson....for the love of my heart and mind, I will not give a dime to a company who promises so much but deliver too little and gives me disappointment?

As much as I want a Hockey video game, I will not open my wallet and give my hard earned cash to people who is doing a half-*&^ product.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:12 PM   #23
Pro

emericaridr11's Arena

OVR: 9

I agree Knucks, but at the same time....

this is bologna, lame additions.... but most of us are probs going to be buying the game cause... dont wanna go back to 10-11-12-13

try to say this the nicest way i can....

"can we laugh at you when you end up buying it too?"

We just need Hockey -
Old 08-11-2013, 01:08 AM   #24
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by emericaridr11
I agree Knucks, but at the same time....

this is bologna, lame additions.... but most of us are probs going to be buying the game cause... dont wanna go back to 10-11-12-13

try to say this the nicest way i can....

"can we laugh at you when you end up buying it too?"

We just need Hockey -
LOL....in the past... I always say that Im not going to buy but ended up buying...for the love of the sports. But this time, with the new console (cant wait to have PS4)... I can afford to stay off from EA NHL if these are the only things they are offering.

I can play NBA 2k14 (enjoying the 2k13 mycareer....and im not even an NBA fan!!!) or other games like assasin iv or the games that I missed in PS.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »