Home

NHL 14 Video & Blog - Goalie Collisions, Realistic Incidental Contact & Penalty Calls

This is a discussion on NHL 14 Video & Blog - Goalie Collisions, Realistic Incidental Contact & Penalty Calls within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2013, 04:14 PM   #9
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
While I completely understand the frustration on the lack of presentation and BAGM improvements, I simply do not think this team has the resources to improve every area.

This year it seems they decided to go all in on actual gameplay improvements. Maybe to solidify an already great foundation heading into next-gen. Regardless, Id expect huge improvements to modes and presentation on next-gen NHL 15.
I sure hope so. A half-hearted effort to open up their next-gen series would be awful.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:43 PM   #10
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NHL 14 Video and Blog - Goalie & Incidental Contact

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
While I agree that this game could use an overhaul to presentation, and BAGM modes. Even the biggest doubters of this series cannot deny the significant improvements made to gameplay this year.

The gameplay looks to have been vastly improved, and this game looks FUN AS H*LL.
They should be if it's anything like NHL 12. That's where I have a major problem. Typical EA putting "Live goalies" in NHL 12 and then taking it out for 13 only to have it reappear as a feature in 14. It's pretty ridiculous. It's great to have in the game but when they take it out and put it in it gets annoying seeing them market it as a feature.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 08-12-2013, 05:59 PM   #11
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NHL 14 Video and Blog - Goalie & Incidental Contact

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
They should be if it's anything like NHL 12. That's where I have a major problem. Typical EA putting "Live goalies" in NHL 12 and then taking it out for 13 only to have it reappear as a feature in 14. It's pretty ridiculous. It's great to have in the game but when they take it out and put it in it gets annoying seeing them market it as a feature.
Why are we surprise at this? Broken glass...remember this? EA, for me, is a company that takes away some good features and then added it to the next game and call it "new".

Anyhow, I just hope that not releasing NHL 2014 to the next gen will be a good call so that they could totally improve it the next release for the next gen. I remember NHL 2006 was not release in the new 360/ps3. But they came up big with NHL 2007 that gave us Stick skill for Right analog stick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2013, 06:06 PM   #12
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NHL 14 Video & Blog - Goalie Collisions, Realistic Incidental Contact & Penalty C

I really hope they are serious about being stricter with the penalty calls and calling them at the proper time. I just hope they don't listen to all the kids online who complain about spending all game in the box and tune them back to previous levels.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 08-12-2013, 06:23 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: NHL 14 Video & Blog - Goalie Collisions, Realistic Incidental Contact & Penalty C

If they bring back group celebrations next year, they can tout it as a new feature all they want; I'd just be happy it's back..
Old 08-12-2013, 06:27 PM   #14
Rookie

Garism's Arena

OVR: 2

Very excited for the hitting. And the stupid diving play.. glad that you can now fall over that and a penalty be called.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:51 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 4

First off, EA haters, not once in the blog or the video did they declare anything they showed as "new". They said they were improvements, so stop hating just to hate on EA.

Second, the gameplay looks a lot better, but I will agree, if the decision making and execution of the CPU players, coaches, and GM's is not better then this game will get just as boring, just as fast as 13.

I am excited to play this game and I am looking forward to it and The Show being the last games I play on the PS3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2013, 06:58 PM   #16
Pro

emericaridr11's Arena

OVR: 9

feather goalie collisions sweet.... still stoked though

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »