Home

NHL 14 Video & Blog - Goalie Collisions, Realistic Incidental Contact & Penalty Calls

This is a discussion on NHL 14 Video & Blog - Goalie Collisions, Realistic Incidental Contact & Penalty Calls within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2013, 07:28 PM   #17
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by speels
First off, EA haters, not once in the blog or the video did they declare anything they showed as "new". They said they were improvements, so stop hating just to hate on EA.

Second, the gameplay looks a lot better, but I will agree, if the decision making and execution of the CPU players, coaches, and GM's is not better then this game will get just as boring, just as fast as 13.

I am excited to play this game and I am looking forward to it and The Show being the last games I play on the PS3.
Isn't it assumed that they're touting it as new since they're doing a whole blog about it? If you were right, they would do a blog about anything. Like a blog about how NHL 14 has line changes in it. Or how NHL 14 has icing in it. Or how NHL 14 has the San Jose Sharks in the game.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:46 PM   #18
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NHL 14 Video & Blog - Goalie Collisions, Realistic Incidental Contact & Penalty C

Quote:
First off, EA haters, not once in the blog or the video did they declare anything they showed as "new". They said they were improvements, so stop hating just to hate on EA.

Second, the gameplay looks a lot better, but I will agree, if the decision making and execution of the CPU players, coaches, and GM's is not better then this game will get just as boring, just as fast as 13.

I am excited to play this game and I am looking forward to it and The Show being the last games I play on the PS3.
How can something like Live goalies be an improvement if it wasn't in NHL 13? That would be considered new to the game. I figured in 13 Live goalies would have remained from 12. Then for some reason it was removed and now they are talking about it again in the 14 blog. Sounds like they are making this a new feature to me if it wasn't in NHL 13.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 08-12-2013, 07:50 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3
EA Dev team likely took out the goalie collisions because it was broken after some other changes and they weren't able to fix it in time for NHL 13, or they just weren't happy with it's final implementation for NHL 12 then they didn't get around to fixing it until now.

Goalie collisions are a tough feature to implement. You don't want to be scored on because of no calls on goalies getting bumped. On the other hand, you don't want constant whistles/penalties/no goals from guys accidentally bumping the goalie while you drive the net.

It'll be interesting to see. I'm impressed with the gameplay improvement work they've attempted this year in what should be a PS3/360 lame duck game while they are likely getting ready for next gen.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:34 PM   #20
Pro

TerryP's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NHL 14 Video & Blog - Goalie Collisions, Realistic Incidental Contact & Penalty C

Quote:

Great post! I feel exactly the same as far as the CPU AI goes.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:36 PM   #21
Rookie

Ghoste's Arena

OVR: 4

Kinda looks like Backstrom pushed JT into the goaltender so maybe that should have been a good goal.

I never played NHL '12 so the goalie collisions are new to me at least.

-ghoste
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2013, 09:16 PM   #22
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
There does seem to be a lot of improvements.
My biggest concern is still AI. I only play offline so if I play on AS or SS levels, will we still see 7th dmen sniping corners and deking through my entire team while my all-star players feel like they're skating in mud and get knocked off the puck by 5'3" soft dmen?
hey hank,

have you tried revamped rosters?? ive played almost through my season now (70 gms) and giroux , before his long injury was leading the team with 14 goals 33 assists in 40 games, voracek has 64 pts in 70, lecavalier has 48 in 70.

all my 4th liners have 15 points maximum in 70( talbot).

what convinced me how ratings matter is simon gagne, if you use him you feel that he will score a lot for you, he is fast, agile decent puckhandling. in past games this.probably translated to high points output, but gagne in the game is weak, has a weaker shot, not too accurate, and.this translates well. he does well in transition, but once the cycle starts he is.almost worthless. has scored 6 goalsand 14 assists for me in 70 games.

it's really much better.....and it also applies to when you play the cpu on all star level, crosby malkin are a lot more dangerous than bennett, sutter, adams.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by phillyfan23; 08-12-2013 at 09:21 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:40 PM   #23
Rookie

Garism's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Mathematics
Isn't it assumed that they're touting it as new since they're doing a whole blog about it? If you were right, they would do a blog about anything. Like a blog about how NHL 14 has line changes in it. Or how NHL 14 has icing in it. Or how NHL 14 has the San Jose Sharks in the game.
There was a blog about true performance skating for this year; and that's not new in 14 this year.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:47 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 6
These "annual improvements" are costing people $60. The game is stale and lacks competition. The presentation hasn't really been touched since 2009, even the menus. Usually improvements are patches to games, not $60 purchases. I have no interest in doing the Be a Pro daily living mode. Much like NCAA, the technical enhancements come when the franchise has already gotten too stale.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »