Home

SEC, Pac-12, Big Ten Won't License Trademarks in Future Video Games

This is a discussion on SEC, Pac-12, Big Ten Won't License Trademarks in Future Video Games within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2013, 11:14 AM   #17
Rookie

onac22's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: SEC Won't License Trademarks in Future Video Games

Frank them ALL, for not sharing.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:15 AM   #18
Pro

kjjnesb's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: No SEC in Future College Football Video Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgfan
Someone explain how this will really change anything?

I mean, not having the specific licensed SEC won't leave a big impact because there will be a generic one. Just like in the old playstation 1 and 2 Tiger Woods video games, they didn't have the Masters, but there was always a southern championship conveniently located in georgia, where it looked identical.

The only thing it really affects is commentary which will hopefully mean they take some of that money and put it to better, more updated, in depth commentary.
In theory we could keep some of the SEC teams and lose some of the others. It's up to the individual schools to decide if they wish to risk being in the game while these lawsuits are pending.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:17 AM   #19
Rookie

vhhsfu0509's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgfan
Someone explain how this will really change anything?

I mean, not having the specific licensed SEC won't leave a big impact because there will be a generic one. Just like in the old playstation 1 and 2 Tiger Woods video games, they didn't have the Masters, but there was always a southern championship conveniently located in georgia, where it looked identical.

The only thing it really affects is commentary which will hopefully mean they take some of that money and put it to better, more updated, in depth commentary.
The SEC is synonymous with college football. One of the great things about this series (as much as people love to bash it on these forums) is the authenticity in virtually every aspect. Not having the SEC is a major, major blow.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:18 AM   #20
LPU
Rookie

LPU's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
Without 1 of the Major conferences, this game takes a serious blow. EA has to choose now if they want the game to be 100% generic or to include 90% of the other teams. This is alarming for all conference because SEC players are the least likely to join in the lawsuit since they are already paid. But for the other conferences who players aren't paid watch out.
You dropped that in there so casually. Absolutely genius. I lol'd.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:19 AM   #21
Banned

Thanks alot, Ed O'Bannon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2013, 11:20 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
Without 1 of the Major conferences, this game takes a serious blow. EA has to choose now if they want the game to be 100% generic or to include 90% of the other teams. This is alarming for all conference because SEC players are the least likely to join in the lawsuit since they are already paid. But for the other conferences who players aren't paid watch out.
Good point. I assume if it came down to it, they would choose to be 90% authentic, and only have the SEC generic as a bargaining tool for the future.

But, I don't know enough about the last two statements. Please clarify for me-

SEC players are paid by whom?
Old 08-14-2013, 11:24 AM   #23
Banned

I guess we're about to go back to the days of teams being called Tuscaloosa and College Station
Old 08-14-2013, 11:25 AM   #24
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

I wonder if O'Bannon even realizes what he's done. And if he does, if he cares at all. Taking years of enjoyment away from millions of people, for personal greed. Certainly the calling card of a villain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »