Home

NHL 14 Demo Arrives August 20th, Bruins vs. Blackhawks, NHL 94 Anniversary Mode & HUT

This is a discussion on NHL 14 Demo Arrives August 20th, Bruins vs. Blackhawks, NHL 94 Anniversary Mode & HUT within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2013, 05:32 PM   #17
Pro

emericaridr11's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NHL 14 Demo Arrives August 20th, Bruins vs. Blackhawks, NHL 94 Anniversary Mode &

Quote:
Originally Posted by akula
do I need xbox live to download demos?
from what i remember ( i only got silver too) is that Gold Members can download the demo as soon as its up....

Live Silver Member has to wait until a week before the game is going to be out... or something like that

so if you want the demo on "release day" then YES you need gold, if not youll be waiting a week or two
Old 08-14-2013, 06:31 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1
I'm not into hockey but I'm seriously considering picking this game up this year to learn the players and get into the sport.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:39 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0
shadowboxxr- good idea man. It's actually a great sport once you learn the rules and the strategy. Lots of different styles you can play hockey. Not so much in this game, but in real life, each player has a unique skill set that bring something to the team. Then add in changing which players are on which lines, etc, it really can be a fun chess match of matching players vs opponents and strategy.

The eashl is one of the best game modes out there. I played nhl 12 yet. Skipped 13 and waiting anxiously for this game.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:21 PM   #20
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: NHL 14 Demo Arrives August 20th, Bruins vs. Blackhawks, NHL 94 Anniversary Mode &

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezell04x
Ugh, ridiculous that it's only a 3rd period.

I'm hoping to stream the demo Tuesday night for a few hours so we can see some gameplay improvements.
But that was the best part. Well, at least 17 seconds of it.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 08-14-2013, 11:06 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBoxxr
I'm not into hockey but I'm seriously considering picking this game up this year to learn the players and get into the sport.
This may sound a litle out there but conisder joining an NHL fantasy pool. You'll wind up with East and West players. Games you wouldn't otherwise watch will be interesting. You'll keep stats of league leaders for free agency pickups and trades. You'll watch highlights to see how goalies handle themselves in tough games, etc.
If you can find a fairly inexpensive one with friends it's a GREAT way to get to know teams & players and add a bit to non local team games.
I'm a big hockey guy but did a fnasty draft last year and MAN was it more fun having more interest in the ENTIRE league and not just my local team and the rivals.

If you're an online gamer you'll likely just jump into EASHL and learn nothing of NHL players themselves.

Just a 2 cents.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2013, 12:56 PM   #22
Rookie

Mikey88's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm guessing NHL 94 is strictly offline?
Old 08-19-2013, 02:34 PM   #23
Rookie

RedVikings's Arena

I'm pretty excited to play as my Blackhawks, should be fun!
Old 08-19-2013, 02:51 PM   #24
Rookie

Garism's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey88
I'm guessing NHL 94 is strictly offline?
Indeed. Though it would be hilarious online.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »