Home

Top Rated Offensive Players in Madden NFL 25 & Breaking Down the QB Ratings

This is a discussion on Top Rated Offensive Players in Madden NFL 25 & Breaking Down the QB Ratings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2013, 06:11 PM   #9
Rookie

SportsFanatic01's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Top Rated Offensive Players in Madden NFL 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingOfVa
Wow no Larry Fitzgerald
Right! He's not even in the top 5 Wide Receivers. Not including tight ends. Wes Welker is tied with roddy white for the 5th highest WR with 93 overall. So Larry Fitzgerald will be below a 93. He was a 97 in madden 13 and was the second highest WR. Shame isn't it? Donny Moore had said in some podcast that they didn't really punish Larry because he had horrible quarterback play. Clearly they did
Old 08-15-2013, 06:12 PM   #10
Rookie

SportsFanatic01's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
And that video is probably the one you linked last week featuring Michelle Beadle.
The video just came out today
Old 08-15-2013, 06:17 PM   #11
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsFanatic01
The video just came out today
I know. JP posted a link of a picture with Michelle Beadle with a green screen. He was thinking she might be in madden 25, but it was probably for this video.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2013, 06:32 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

What is AJ Green rated?
Old 08-15-2013, 06:35 PM   #13
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

I knew it was coming. The inevitable ratings wars. This should be fun, i'll even throw my little rant into the mix..

How is Peyton Manning not rated a 112!!?!? After the season he had last year, he's clearly a 112.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:56 PM   #14
Rookie

SportsFanatic01's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya boy hollywud
What is AJ Green rated?
He's a 94 overall
Old 08-15-2013, 07:17 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Top Rated Offensive Players in Madden NFL 25 & the Science of QB Ratings

Not sure why people pay so much attn to ratings every year, specifically overall ratings. Most of the time guys are going to be overrated after coming off a hot year. IIRC wasnt Peyton Hillis like an 89 or 90 when he was on the cover LMAO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2013, 07:37 PM   #16
MVP

Ice_Cold345's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Top Rated Offensive Players in Madden NFL 25 & the Science of QB Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteboSSK
Not sure why people pay so much attn to ratings every year, specifically overall ratings. Most of the time guys are going to be overrated after coming off a hot year. IIRC wasnt Peyton Hillis like an 89 or 90 when he was on the cover LMAO
It's more than just overall, at least to me. It's that Madden(and so called "Czar", which is great when FBGrating is a thing with scouts rating players) overrates all the stats. I'm waiting to see how Peyton's Throw Power is because his arm isn't what it used to be, and Madden probably won't really mess with it.

For the overall thing, Madden 13's last update had like 150 or so players that were 90+ (FBGratings has only seven elite players now, which is realistic), that's nearly three teams of all 90+ players, which is just dumb. 90+ should be for only elite players and there aren't 150+ that are elite. Matt Ryan(despite how much I like him) isn't an elite QB like Rodgers or Brady. Any stat that is 90+ should mean the player is elite at that particular thing (pass block/throw power/man coverage/etc.) but Donny Moore just throws ratings off of just stats(like Aldon Smith having a huge spike in ratings because of his giant sack totals, but only being an elite pass rusher doesn't make you great. It didn't help that when Justin Smith went down, Aldon performed worse.) It needs to be a combo of stats/scout research/numbers from combine and what not, not just stats.
NCAA: Purdue Boilermakers
NASCAR: Ryan Newman

One day, Purdue Men's Basketball and Football will become relevant again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »