Home

Action Arcade Wrestling 2 Review (XBLA)

This is a discussion on Action Arcade Wrestling 2 Review (XBLA) within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2013, 04:24 PM   #9
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
Re: Action Arcade Wrestling 2 Review (XBLA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by willh313
Wow man that's pretty harsh considering it's a two man team that made it. I mean I have the game, and it's crashed on me once. I've seen the bugs and glitches you are talking about, but at three bucks I don't know, 4.5 is kind of overkill. It's definitely a more competent grappling game then the XBLA Fire Pro game, sans online play. Hey it's your opinion, I would have given it a 7.5 or 8 at least, especially given that it was made by such a small indie team.
While I agree with the others you shouldn't judge based on number of people that made it...

Two people made The Swapper and it's one of the best games put out this year.
One guy made Gunpoint and it's also one the best games this year.
So 3 people should be able to do better yah?

You take the game as it is and then be impressed that only a few people worked on it...IF it's good.

30 seconds or less load times? Nope.

Initial boot 0:52 to 1:38.
Getting into the match is 29 or 30 seconds.
Exiting the match is 15:04 to 15:46.
Regardless these are terrible load times for a downloadable 2D game.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:49 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4
Ok that's fine but again I think a 4.5 is a bit harsh. Look i'm not saying the games perfect, it's actually far from it...but when you mention games like Fitba and what ever that other one was where, yes they were coded by small groups but things like hundreds of animations, modes and custimization were incorporated in one product and these other products while im sure they required hard work, dont have the same level of ambition, thats not a fair comparison at all. The fact this game has more features then that console tna game alone should be recognized.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:45 AM   #11
Rookie

Mikeatris's Arena

OVR: 3
LOL the Mass Transit line was a good one. That incident was a hot bloody mess that is almost unbearable to watch if you know the circumstances. New Jack was dead wrong even if the match was not sanctioned.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2013, 12:15 PM   #12
Pro

sactown_13's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by willh313
Ok that's fine but again I think a 4.5 is a bit harsh. Look i'm not saying the games perfect, it's actually far from it...but when you mention games like Fitba and what ever that other one was where, yes they were coded by small groups but things like hundreds of animations, modes and custimization were incorporated in one product and these other products while im sure they required hard work, dont have the same level of ambition, thats not a fair comparison at all. The fact this game has more features then that console tna game alone should be recognized.
it is. he mentions the variety of modes in his review. however, this game is poor. the video in the earlier post is evidence enough.
Old 08-16-2013, 03:29 AM   #13
Just started!

OVR: 0
I would have to agree that this review is a bit harsh. Yes the game has bugs, it has since been patched and works pretty well. Like a car, you have to rate a game within its own class. You can't really rate 3 dollar indie games on the same scale as full releases or even Xbox live arcade games. It's. A bit like saying that the Toyota Corolla is a complete POS because it can't take a corner at 110 MPH as well as a Ferrari. Not to mention that this game is a throwback to the classics and not a sim as stated earlier. I would give this a 7 or 8 easily when measured up against other indie games.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:14 PM   #14
Rookie

Actually here are the official patch notes. A lot of them were based of off things in this review. Again, I'm just one guy making a game - no QA staff or anything. Not an excuse, just a fact.

So mentioning helpful things (like hitting multiple people at once, only climbing the top turnbuckles, the table stays on screen during a championship animation) really helps me out. So thanks for pointing some of that stuff out.

BUT I think it should be fairly noted that I can put out updates and patches based on user feedback pretty quickly. Still work to be done, but Madden, Fifa, WWE2K are careers. This is just my hobby I do after work when the kids are in bed. I kinda wish that was mentioned.

Anyway here are the patch notes. Thanks!!

*Memory leak fixed
*You can now hit multiple people in a multi-wrestler match with a strong or running strike.
*The glitch where the table cuts into a championship animation is gone
*The wrestler now reverses running strikes with an irish whip move instead of the block strike combo
*Changed the logic of how long they stay down so wrestlers don't pop up.
*Can climb the bottom turnbuckles
*The rumble glitches have been addressed
*Fixed end match freeze - I think.
*Added fast scrolling.
*Fixed blacked-out rumble wrestlers bug.
*Fixed glitch where player lost control during apron in and out
*Increased frequency of 3rd level tag team moves
*Added main menu music on/off option
*Changed logic of assigning entrance music
Old 08-16-2013, 09:06 PM   #15
Just started!

I agree with everything you just said, and I appreciate your dedication and vision for this game. People need to realize that indie games are just that... Indie games. Guys doing it in their spare time and enjoying it as a hobby. Keep up the good work man. I'm loving AAW2 so far and the creation and customizing tools are excellent.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »