Home

Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Features Chilean Primera Division

This is a discussion on Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Features Chilean Primera Division within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2013, 06:29 PM   #1
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29
Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Features Chilean Primera Division

See press release below.

Chile's Most Popular Teams to Join Latin America's #1 Soccer Series

Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. today announced an agreement with the Asociación Nacional de Fútbol Profesional (ANFP) to bring 18 Primera División teams to Pro Evolution Soccer 2014. KONAMI has also enlisted the talents of national football announcers Fernando Solabarrieta and Patricio ("Pato") Yáñez, to call the action in each game. Some of the premier teams that will be included are Colo-Colo, Universidad de Chile, Universidad Católica, Cobreloa, and Unión Española.

"For the next chapter in the Pro Evolution series, we have been working hard to secure licensing that will excite our fans." said Tomoyuki Tsuboi, President of Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. "Even though the sport is globally celebrated; we understand how important it is for fans to be able to interact with their beloved hometown teams and players."

The Pro Evolution Soccer series holds a wide range of soccer licenses from around the world, including Europe's premier club competition, the UEFA Champions League, and the AFC Champions League. Just last month, KONAMI also added highly-regarded AFA Primera División teams. With this newest addition of the ANFP Primera División teams, Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 aims to extend its range to further resonate with football fans around the world.

The 18 Primera División teams included in PES 2014 include:
  • Antofagasta
  • Audax Italiano
  • Cobreloa
  • Cobresal
  • Colo-Colo
  • Everton
  • Huachipato
  • Deportes Iquique
  • Deportivo Ñublense
  • O'Higgins
  • Palestino
  • Rangers
  • Santiago Wanderers
  • Unión Española
  • Unión La Calera
  • Universidad Católica
  • Universidad de Chile
  • Universidad de Concepción
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2013, 03:28 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Features Chilean Primera Division

The more the better I suppose

Old 08-16-2013, 06:00 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
I'm Chilean, and still not buying this game.

FIFA will have the league also, so I'll stay with FIFA
Old 08-26-2013, 11:52 AM   #4
Pro

jmaj315's Arena

OVR: 2

im really hoping this game does well.
I watched the tutorials and liked how it looked so far.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:08 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaj315
im really hoping this game does well.
If Konami wants to guarantee they'll do well, they need to do more than simply add single obscure leagues. They need to blow the competiton out of the water and include 2nd, 3rd and 4th tier leagues with all the top European leagues. Praying for success doesn't do anything, they need to adopt a visionary approach here and the rest will take care of itself.

Last edited by Yeats; 08-26-2013 at 12:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2013, 02:08 PM   #6
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
If Konami wants to guarantee they'll do well, they need to do more than simply add single obscure leagues. They need to blow the competiton out of the water and include 2nd, 3rd and 4th tier leagues with all the top European leagues. Praying for success doesn't do anything, they need to adopt a visionary approach here and the rest will take care of itself.
2nd divisions & 3rd where applicable would be fantastic and add so much. Even if they're not licensed it would open the game up to fans of clubs currently not playing with the big boys.

I wonder if EA has a grip on the English Championship.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:17 PM   #7
Rookie

Simaofan-20's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
This is the most ignorant post I've ever read. Just because YOU don't think Chile or Argentina are good leagues doesn't mean everybody thinks like you. South America is a huge market for PES so why on earth should they add 2nd league from Italy etc. Talk about nobody caring about Chile yet you want to include 2nd, 3rd and 4th divisions that majority wont use? Thats just absurd. There are millions of fans who believe Copa Libertadores is as good or better than the champions league. Not everybody watches La Liga, BPL or Serie A sorry to break it to you.

If you honestly believe a team like Charlton is better or more prestigious than Colo Colo or Universidade de Chile then maybe you should pay attention to more leagues other than 1 or 2. Adding mediocre European leagues would only hurt PES. Gain a good stronghold in Asia, and South America can be good

Pft, ignore the South American market where they actually do well while FIFA can come in and steal them right from under them? I'm not even South American but whats the point in adding smaller European leagues when you can add bigger South American ones?
Old 08-27-2013, 09:30 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simaofan-20
This is the most ignorant post I've ever read.
The most ignorant? Gosh, either this is your first time on the internet, or you're an English student practicing hyperbole usage and I'm your test subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simaofan-20
Pft, ignore the South American market where they actually do well while FIFA can come in and steal them right from under them?
Normally I don't respond to posters who write pft but I'll make an exception here because I don't want my point to be lost amidst all that pfting outrage and revulsion. My idea makes sense from the perspective of adding to the PES series, much moreso than just adding singular leagues does (IMO). So how about this: add 2nd, 3rd and 4th divisions to all leagues from around the world! And now we're buds again you and me, yippee.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »