Home

Madden NFL 25 - Breaking Down the Ratings For Receivers

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 - Breaking Down the Ratings For Receivers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2013, 12:26 AM   #1
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden NFL 25 - Breaking Down the Ratings For Receivers

EA Sports broke down the ratings for the quarterbacks on Thursday. Today the Madden NFL 25 team breaks down the receiver ratings, including specific ratings for route running (RTE), spectacular catch (SPC) and catch in traffic (CIT).
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2013, 12:36 AM   #2
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Madden 25 Blog: How WR ratings work in Madden NFL 25

So, we know route running fakes out the defender, but what counters a fake out on a cb? Man coverage? So, on the curl route success rate of a wr against a cb in man coverage it's almost 100% even if a cb has a higher rating in man coverage than the wr does in route running. So, does this mean its not balanced right or do ALL wide receivers have to high of route running ratings which is why we are seeing shutdown corners shutting down no one?

I should also note that putting pass coverage sliders at 100 don't change a cb from being able to stop a wr route either. That slider at 100 should mean no one is ever open! Lol

Last edited by vannwolfhawk; 08-17-2013 at 12:57 AM.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:43 AM   #3
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Hmm, I'm thinking I'm gonna have to stop reading these. When I read the QB one, I read some stuff that I thought was BS because it didn't work like that in the game and now I'm reading BS for the WR's and TE's. I'm fairly certain that route running isn't as important as they make it out to be. Actually it's nowhere near as important as they make it out to be. I'll take a WR with 99 spd and 60 route running over a WR with 84 spd and 99 route running any day.

Last edited by splff3000; 08-17-2013 at 12:47 AM.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:51 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 10

Perhaps these things aren't tuned properly in the demo or perhaps it's all BS....my bet is this stuff MAY work for next gen but not current gen
Old 08-17-2013, 12:51 AM   #5
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

All these articles about ratings making a difference, but when we actually play the games everyone behaves the same way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2013, 01:06 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Seems someone needed to edit that blog before posting it. The bit on spectacular catch is cut off
Old 08-17-2013, 01:13 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Hmm, I'm thinking I'm gonna have to stop reading these. When I read the QB one, I read some stuff that I thought was BS because it didn't work like that in the game and now I'm reading BS for the WR's and TE's. I'm fairly certain that route running isn't as important as they make it out to be. Actually it's nowhere near as important as they make it out to be. I'll take a WR with 99 spd and 60 route running over a WR with 84 spd and 99 route running any day.
They are not trying to make it seem more important than it is. Your last statement makes little sense. They didn't suggest that the latter WR would be as good or as better than the guy with 99 speed. What they are saying is that a guy with 99 speed and 99 rtr will have a easier time getting open than a guy with 99 speed and 80 rtr.

However, I do feel as though they need to make route running even more important than what it is currently.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:00 AM   #8
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
They are not trying to make it seem more important than it is. Your last statement makes little sense. They didn't suggest that the latter WR would be as good or as better than the guy with 99 speed. What they are saying is that a guy with 99 speed and 99 rtr will have a easier time getting open than a guy with 99 speed and 80 rtr.

However, I do feel as though they need to make route running even more important than what it is currently.
What I was saying (or trying to say) is that route running has little effect on the game. I have had guys with their route running ratings in the 60's and they were uncoverable. It doesn't matter because Madden is more about the "route vs coverage" matchup than it is about the WR ratings. You can have a corner that severely outmatches a WR, ratings wise, and that receiver will still get open against man to man coverage if he's running a curl or out route. I can take a WR with 50 route running against a CB with 99 coverage and he can still get open...... easily. That's what I was referring to. They're saying that route running "Determines fake out chance when cutting against man coverage" but anybody that has played Madden the last few years knows that's BS. It's the WR's route that determines the fake out chance.

Last edited by splff3000; 08-17-2013 at 02:05 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »