Home

Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Video - Gameplay w/ Community Manager Adam Bhatti (Part 1)

This is a discussion on Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Video - Gameplay w/ Community Manager Adam Bhatti (Part 1) within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2013, 07:26 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Video - Gameplay w/ Community Manager Adam Bhatti (Part 1)

IGN has posted their PES 2014 gameplay video with Community Manager Adam Bhatti, as he goes over the new features and more in the game.

Check out the video and leave your thoughts.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2013, 12:40 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Video - Gameplay with Community Manager Adam Bhatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

IGN has posted their PES 2014 gameplay video with Community Manager Adam Bhatti, as he goes over the new features and more in the game.

Check out the video and leave your thoughts.
Some of the AI didn't look too great. The possession stat on the highest difficulty is a bit worrying. He was Bayern playing vs Santos so hopefully that is what was driving it. I really really hope that this year I won't be able to win 65% possession vs Barca on the highest difficulty.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:53 AM   #3
Thread Killer

unfriendlyghst's Arena

OVR: 8
Brilliant!

I was listening more than watching and really liked what I heard. How they were trying to cater to a more "Football Centric" crowd rather than the casual pick up and play gamer. Plus, as stated several times, they listened to the fans and replaced the engine with something that could produce realistic results. I just wish this was some Dev talking about Madden
Old 08-18-2013, 08:47 AM   #4
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
Looking good !
Old 08-18-2013, 03:53 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 22
The physics based rendering engine of the fox engine is beautiful! Amazing lighting. Game looks great!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2013, 06:09 PM   #6
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Video - Gameplay with Community Manager Adam Bhatti

The AI actually building up an attack to extent was nice to see. As opposed to 2012 and 2013, in which it was always a dead sprint to the goal.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:49 PM   #7

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

So, no fouls? And as nice as the lighting and colors look, the player movement still doesn't look as seamless and smooth as FIFA from the past few years. I'm not saying I want players to be able to stop on a dime and turn like in FIFA, I just want movement to look closer to what I see when I actually watch a match on TV. Transitions from running to kicking look a little unnatural to me.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:32 AM   #8
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

1. The Cpu AI build up is very good. They backpass a lot and spot wing runs quite well. I also see that they got rid of these atrocious cpu through passes.
2. The man who plays is interviewed at the same time so I can't really blame him for not playing well the game.
3. Cpu keeps possession at times but these 2 halves are extremely limited in time (2 mins maybe?) so we can't really judge the possession stats. Same stands for the fouls. I've seen in early builds plenty of fouls.
4. Some animations are stiff but the improvement is there and it's significant.
5. Teammate and cpu AI defense is brilliant. Unfortunately PES is still the only football game (despite the major flaws it had the previous years) which has a decent and competitive single player offline mode. Let's hope Fifa will improve drastically the cpu AI because right now is non existent.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »