Home

NBA 2K14 Interview - Pro Stick, Pass Stick, Defensive Moves, Block System & More

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Interview - Pro Stick, Pass Stick, Defensive Moves, Block System & More within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2013, 08:40 PM   #9
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

OVR: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
This portion catered most toward my interests. On one hand, the first paragraph seems to insinuate no real progression on the classic front, and even regression in some cases (Kings).

On the other hand, I'm encouraged by the suggestion that The Path to Greatness may in fact cover some great moments we've already seen. I'd have to believe 2K would go with classic James teams and classic opponents, yes? If the mode covers past moments, it wouldn't make sense to have James playing the current Celtics, right?

I'm holding out hope.
I'm hoping for my old 3R335 theory. High School Bron would be cool maybe not from 2002-03, but vs Melo in 2001-02.

Sucks to not see the Kings back, but Chris Webber isn't hard to make, and other players are already on other teams like Christie and Divac.

Here's to hoping for more though.

Tap Tap Taptalking away on my iPhone
Old 08-19-2013, 09:08 PM   #10
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NBA 2K14 Interview - Pro Stick, Pass Stick, Defensive Moves, Block System & More

I wasn't expecting a huge leap graphically on current gen--All I wanted was for them to redo some of the faces on it (there is no excuse for the faces to not be as good on current gen as what people did for pc mods imo). Sounds like they made it a priority to redo them which is a big plus for me. KD was one of the worst offenders especially being a cover guy. Improved passing is something I will need to see inorder to believe. I was nervous about this flashy passing addition as regular passing has not been that great the last few years.

I do not expect classic teams to grow and always saw that as an enjoy it while it lasts addition. People can't expect 2k to keep forking over dollars to secure an assortment of classic bench guys and superstars every year. Just isn't smart business and you never know how much X guy will want from year to year and it's possibly too hard to stay within a development budget with the inclusion of these teams. I don't work for 2k, just my own assumption which could be incorrect.

*p.s. I like Classic teams as well and I'm not bagging on those that do. Just don't know if this is something 2k can afford to keep doing for eternity..
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

Last edited by NINJAK2; 08-19-2013 at 11:16 PM.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:16 PM   #11
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 Interview - Pro Stick, Pass Stick, Defensive Moves, Block System & More

"They also added new Signature Styles for player shot animations. Some have been revamped like Stephen Curry's which was ridiculously slow in 2K13"

since when did his 2k13 button tap jumper become slow?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2013, 09:18 PM   #12
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26
Great article! Didn't have time to listen to the audio but the read itself was interesting enough.

Sent using Tap a Talk

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 08-19-2013, 09:21 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
"They also added new Signature Styles for player shot animations. Some have been revamped like Stephen Curry's which was ridiculously slow in 2K13"

since when did his 2k13 button tap jumper become slow?
Curry's sig jumper is ridiculously slow compared to his real life release. It also has a hitch that he doesn't have in real life.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:30 PM   #14
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Curry's sig jumper is ridiculously slow compared to his real life release. It also has a hitch that he doesn't have in real life.
we dont need even easier button taps though. hopefully he has a realistic release that is slower that .5 seconds
Old 08-19-2013, 09:39 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
we dont need even easier button taps though. hopefully he has a realistic release that is slower that .5 seconds
Curry's release is faster than .5. It's .4 seconds according to Sports Science. It's the fastest they've ever measured.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOiH1...e_gdata_player

It should be realistically fast. His shot shouldn't be hampered to make things easier for defenders. The game just needs to allow realistic defense by both human and CPU to be played, ie. always attempt to play tight on him and never sagging off if it can be helped.

Curry is pretty much a video game character.

Last edited by Sundown; 08-19-2013 at 09:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2013, 10:02 PM   #16
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
Thumbs up Re: NBA 2K14 Interview - Pro Stick, Pass Stick, Defensive Moves, Block System & More

Increasing pass speed!!! Yes!!! Now I can make someone pay for doubling me by quick ball reversal for an open shot in the weak side corner?! Yes sir!!!

Last edited by vannwolfhawk; 08-20-2013 at 12:11 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »