Home

Legends Are Coming to FIFA 14 Ultimate Team (Only on Xbox & Xbox One)

This is a discussion on Legends Are Coming to FIFA 14 Ultimate Team (Only on Xbox & Xbox One) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2013, 09:41 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Legends Are Coming to FIFA 14 Ultimate Team (Only on Xbox & Xbox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan Superman
Why not? I don't see much of an issue with it, it's just like every other business out there. EA Sports and Microsoft created a partnership over the EA Sports label, considering how poor the economic model of gaming is these days, I can't say I blame EA, or Microsoft. Now one benefits the other.
What do you mean why not? I think it's pretty obvious why not.

Obviously it makes sense from a business perspective but I am not a businessman, and naturally I don't have ties to thse companies. I am simply a consumer who expects that when I buy something, I expect the same product no matter which platform I buy it on. I understand exclusive titles more, but if a game is multiplatform I expect to get the same game. Basically, If you are a big fan of UT but have a PS3 or are getting a PS4 you are getting an inferior product. Now obviously this isn't that big of a deal, but it is the principle of the thing, and the fact remains that that version has something that PS players won't get.

Last edited by MattyEdgeworth; 08-20-2013 at 09:44 AM.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:51 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 8
Matty, you HAVE to view it as a business. Xbox is trying to sell more consoles and put PS out of business basically. This move may make Europe buy way more Xbox consoles by the game being free and having exclusives. I'm sure PS has something lined up with other game companies to do a similar promotion.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:59 AM   #11
Rookie

paconaifas's Arena

OVR: 1
No way I would be buying XBOX instead of PS. More quickly I won't buy FIFA, than buy XBOX!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2013, 10:01 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 21
Ljundberg and Bergkamp are legends??! AH AH AHAHAHAH!!!

Pelè, Maradona, Van Basten, Roberto Baggio, George Best, Zico... THOSE ARE LEGEND!
Old 08-20-2013, 11:05 AM   #13
MVP

UK0wnag3's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbatrucco
Ljundberg and Bergkamp are legends??! AH AH AHAHAHAH!!!

Pelè, Maradona, Van Basten, Roberto Baggio, George Best, Zico... THOSE ARE LEGEND!
You can bully Freddie Ljungberg all you like, but Bergkamp was a genius.
Arizona Cardinals
Phoenix Suns
Twitter
Old 08-20-2013, 11:31 AM   #14
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

If players actually played like their real-life counterparts this would be cool but since they don't, color me unimpressed.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:39 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edi286
Hagi?? Larsson??? Fowler???!?!? Lehman!?!!?!?!??!?!?!? THOSE ARE LEGENS!?!?!?!?!??!?! Ok, they give the wrong Name to this mode.
The Legend of Italy are Meazza, Rivera, Mazzola, Baggio, not Zola, Vieri and Inzaghi.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2013, 02:47 PM   #16

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyEdgeworth
What do you mean why not? I think it's pretty obvious why not.

Obviously it makes sense from a business perspective but I am not a businessman, and naturally I don't have ties to thse companies. I am simply a consumer who expects that when I buy something, I expect the same product no matter which platform I buy it on. I understand exclusive titles more, but if a game is multiplatform I expect to get the same game. Basically, If you are a big fan of UT but have a PS3 or are getting a PS4 you are getting an inferior product. Now obviously this isn't that big of a deal, but it is the principle of the thing, and the fact remains that that version has something that PS players won't get.
Its really not obvious. They may be the same game in name, but they are two different platforms that have different requirements. Its kind of like buying generic cereal and being mad it doesn't taste the same as the brand name cereal. Just because you expect it, doesn't mean they should do it. Quite frankly, the industry is becoming more and more "Us against Them" because it is obvious consumers don't care about business, so there's really no reason for the business to care about the consumer. Its kind of like retail employees, they don't really care about you, because you don't care about them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »