Home

NHL 14 Demo Available Now For 360, Later Today For PS3 - Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NHL 14 Demo Available Now For 360, Later Today For PS3 - Post Your Impressions Here within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2013, 10:04 AM   #17
Rookie

The Visualizer's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NHL 14 Demo Available Now For 360, Later Today For PS3 - Post Your Impressions He

Quote:
Originally Posted by JezFranco
How's the poke chop" working out (R1/RB + Right stick)?
the new controls take some getting used to, but its a big improvement know you won't accidentally do a pokecheck now or vice versa

there are still times where if you get too close to the puck and try it wont trigger the animation or it will perform a slower animation where you whiff on the chop

I've found the chop is now a good move to use for defenseman if a puck is dumped in around the boards and you dont look like you will have time to pick it up and pass. I just chop it to keep on going thru to the other side now and it works great

I think high level players will find some good uses for it moving around players in the neutral and offensive zones this year now that it is somewhat reliable

now that it's consistent I think it can be move useful as a weapon in the neutral zone

Old 08-20-2013, 10:10 AM   #18
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 14 Demo Available Now For 360, Later Today For PS3 - Post Your Impressions He

Not that NHL 13 was broken in any way, it was an awesome game, but I notice 0 difference between NHL 13 and the NHL 14 demo. The anniversary mode is a huge waste of resources, other than the blue ice, star indicator and the controls (which you could play in previous versions), nothing is different and not sure why they wasted time on making this mode. The game will be good, but I wonder how much a new version is justified.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:20 AM   #19
Rookie

TDNY's Arena

OVR: 2
Feels like 13 with easier way to hit and new way to fight.
Poke checking is toned down.
Seems like you freeze sometimes after delivering a hit
Sometimes i can't get the puck off someone no matter what i do
Teammate A.I. is still bad
I wish they had replays in (seems like they do this to hide problems)

Last edited by TDNY; 08-20-2013 at 10:29 AM.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:21 AM   #20
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewskie19
Not that NHL 13 was broken in any way, it was an awesome game, but I notice 0 difference between NHL 13 and the NHL 14 demo. The anniversary mode is a huge waste of resources, other than the blue ice, star indicator and the controls (which you could play in previous versions), nothing is different and not sure why they wasted time on making this mode. The game will be good, but I wonder how much a new version is justified.
im one of the games biggest critics and IMO there is a HUGE difference in the skating. much better, more smooth, more fluid.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 08-20-2013, 10:26 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Are your AI teammates any better at getting open and giving you passing options in the offensive zone this year?

Last year it seemed like every forward without the puck was almost always stuck in a net battle.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2013, 10:27 AM   #22
Rock Band FTW!

murph17's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
actually enjoyed the way it has played in the demo, which is shocking..
yes it is
Old 08-20-2013, 10:36 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

So I have to ask.
On the higher difficulties, do the CPU controlled players play according to their attributes?
Or do we still see 4th liners sniping goals and threading needles?
Old 08-20-2013, 10:47 AM   #24
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Skating is much more fluid.. scored with 10 seconds left on a deke by Kane.. I'm glad they are easier now.

Fights are pretty cool, you can't just fight anyone.

The presentation and all are the same, but the skating is definitely much more fluid.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »