Home

First EA Sports UFC Gameplay Shown at GamesCom - Video Included

This is a discussion on First EA Sports UFC Gameplay Shown at GamesCom - Video Included within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2013, 10:55 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
First EA Sports UFC Gameplay Shown at GamesCom - Video Included

The fastest growing sport in the world finally got it's next-gen gameplay reveal at Gamescom this morning.

EA Sports UFC Creative Director Brian Hayes came up on stage to talk about the game, it's progress and then to show off some pre-alpha gameplay footage.

"I'm here representing a tremendously talented team at EA Canada hard at work on UFC," Hayes said.

Hayes talked about the Ignite Engine and the teams goal to make each fighter, "More intelligent, more aware, and more alive."

"They (the fighters) will act like living, breathing human beings. They won't just be action figures up on the stage."

In what Hayes and EA are calling 'feel the fight', next-gen Ignite Engine technology promises to bring real facial animation and emotions as well as movement physics which have never before been seen in sports games.

The game featured Jon Jones and Alexander Gustafsson, who will be headlining UFC 161 next month.

The gameplay footage showed fighters moving around the ring with no floating or sliding but with real weight and momentum. At one point, in the demo Gustafsson had Jones in a guillotine choke and you could see the full body deformation and Gustafsson actually struggling to hold Jones in the choke (screen above showing his veins popping out of his neck).

The struggle and movement of the fighters certainly looked more lifelike and ahead of what we're used to. But the jury is still out on the product, and we'll have to see how the game shapes up in the coming months.

EA Sports UFC is expected to release next Spring. According to Brian Hayes, 9 months away.

What did you think of the gameplay shown at Gamescom?
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2013, 11:53 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 17
The little bit we saw looks good. Definitely doesn't look as stiff and as rock'em sock'em roboty asTHQ's interpretation.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:58 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Intentions
The little bit we saw looks good. Definitely doesn't look as stiff and as rock'em sock'em roboty asTHQ's interpretation.
i agree, from what i saw this could be the best fighting game EA has ever came out with...saying alot but EA doesn't really have a sport fight game that makes everyone want to play it and i believe this game will.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:16 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: First EA Sports UFC Gameplay Shown at Gamescom

I was impressed by the emotion and muscle tension. I was a little worried by the whole "fun and accessible" line. I don't want it to be a arcadey highlight fest of people bouncing off the cage and kicking people like Anthony Pettis every fight. EA has a tendency of taking singular moments (like David Tyree's helmet catch) and making them commonplace. I hope that is just trailer hype.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:27 PM   #5
All Star

OVR: 17
I hope they make the stamina system somewhat similar to EA MMA. Compared to THQ if you went balls to the wall early in a fight it really took it's toll in the mid to later rounds. What i'm really waiting for is how they represent the ground game/submissions. The difference between wrestling and jiu jitsu, sweeps, braching submissions, getting into position to attempt a submission rather than just being on top and mashing a button to initiate one. I hope the ground game is deep and well thought out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2013, 01:20 PM   #6
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: First EA Sports UFC Gameplay Shown at GamesCom

start at around 0:55

Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 08-20-2013, 01:49 PM   #7
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7

9 months I want it now.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:38 PM   #8
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

That looks pretty nice but did they anything about the PC version? They announced it when they announced the game but there's been nothing since.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »