Home

OS - Press Row Podcast: Episode 37 - Madden NFL 25 Ratings with EA’s Donny Moore

This is a discussion on OS - Press Row Podcast: Episode 37 - Madden NFL 25 Ratings with EA’s Donny Moore within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2013, 01:18 PM   #9
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: OS - Press Row Podcast: Episode 37 - Madden NFL 25 Ratings with EA’s Donny Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Glass
That makes zero sense. If they both played the same and one player only moved six points and the other 19, then it's lopsided. If we actually went off your logic, 90% of players would be rated 99s. Kill it man.

Then other guys like Alfred Morrison who also had low pre 2012 expectations only move a few points and was in the running for ROY move a few points, kills what you typed.

I thought I went over this in my initial post....
Then on top of what I posted, Russell Wilson didn't get hot until like week 5. RG3 stayed hot from beginning to the end, but Wilson catches him in ratings????? Really???
Old 08-20-2013, 01:30 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: OS - Press Row Podcast: Episode 37 - Madden NFL 25 Ratings with EA’s Donny Moore

Quote:
That makes zero sense. If they both played the same and one player only moved six points and the other 19, then it's lopsided. If we actually went off your logic, 90% of players would be rated 99s. Kill it man.

Then other guys like Alfred Morrison who also had low pre 2012 expectations only move a few points and was in the running for ROY move a few points, kills what you typed.

I thought I went over this in my initial post....
What? Russell Wilson turned out to be far better than most people expected. That is why he had a bigger jump, he was rated very low initially. RG3 "only" went up 6 points because his attributes were good to begin with. How would his logic result in 90% of players being rated 99?
Old 08-20-2013, 01:44 PM   #11
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
What? Russell Wilson turned out to be far better than most people expected. That is why he had a bigger jump, he was rated very low initially. RG3 "only" went up 6 points because his attributes were good to begin with. How would his logic result in 90% of players being rated 99?
Russell Wilson struggled out the gate. Guys either move up for what the do on the field or not. Again if both do the samething every Sunday, why would spike one guy over the other? Its not right.
RG3 did it with a rookie HB, while Wilson had Lynch. RG3 did it with a 32nd rank defense, will Wilson did it with a top five. Throw in the schedule of tough played games. Throw in all those variables, then RG3 definitely got the green weenie

Its not fair to the rating system or the players putting in the work. Its straight line logic here, not rocket science.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2013, 01:51 PM   #12
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Also RG3 attributes were higher because of the work he put in at college and being the Heisman trophy winner. Just because a guy comes in with high ratings doesn't necessarily mean he needs to hang there, especially if he exceeds his ratings.

Everyone had Luck having the better season and he threw a boatload of INTs, so...
Old 08-20-2013, 01:57 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Also RG3 attributes were higher because of the work he put in at college and being the Heisman trophy winner. Just because a guy comes in with high ratings doesn't necessarily mean he needs to hang there, especially if he exceeds his ratings.

Everyone had Luck having the better season and he threw a boatload of INTs, so...
The hommerism is strong in this one
Old 08-20-2013, 01:58 PM   #14
MVP

TheKingOfVa's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:

I agree with you, RG3 should be a 90.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:01 PM   #15
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSeahavvks
The hommerism is strong in this one
Its not about whatever the nonexistent word you used. Its about how Donny rates players or not, based on his opinions alone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2013, 02:02 PM   #16
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingOfVa
I agree with you, RG3 should be a 90.
Atleast that to honor his ROY status...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »