Home

FIFA 14 Videos & Screenshots - Living Worlds Trailer & Gameplay (PS4, Xbox One)

This is a discussion on FIFA 14 Videos & Screenshots - Living Worlds Trailer & Gameplay (PS4, Xbox One) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2013, 12:42 PM   #9
Pro

NightmareBooster's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: FIFA 14 Videos - Living Worlds Trailer & Gameplay (PS4, Xbox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalsanto0026
God you people are hard to please, I thought the game looked impressive. I think the ignite engine is pretty awesome.
An example of EA's marketing genius hard at work.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:58 PM   #10
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareBooster
Lol. So true, every year it's a different engine name and new buzzwords. Yet, same generic game every year.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:03 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalsanto0026
God you people are hard to please
What's with the personal comment, and what does that have to do with your impressions of the videos you just watched? Also, the people who you claim are hard to please are the same people who are lavishing praise on current-gen PES. So obviously we're not hard to please at all. On the contrary, we're more discerning than other people are apparently.

Last edited by Yeats; 08-21-2013 at 01:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2013, 01:27 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 8
the game looks good but the videos are not showing much either to say that you don't see any improvements...and base off the new engine that they made your not going to really see it unless you actually have game on your hands because the biggest part the engine is doing is making the player movements look better and realistic..the crowds and lighting is the only thing you can look at in the videos and see the changes. better cuts or foot planting is more of feel which is something the engine is the biggest thing this new engine was made..the other stuff is just extra things EA threw in that claims the engine improve like the crowds,improve sidelines and visual..as far i'm concern they could do that with out that new engine...wouldn't couldn't do 100 percent right is foot planting and realistic movements.........this game looks little better then current gen from what i can tell but i believe it will get better come 2015
Old 08-21-2013, 01:27 PM   #13
Rookie

ianlast's Arena

OVR: 10
Echoing what the first 3 posts said, those gameplay vids are a bit disappointing and look somewhat current-gen. I thought the Ignite engine was going to revolutionize player movement, but I'm still seeing the same issues I have with current-gen FIFA, specifically with players that glide down the field with little regard for weight and momentum.

It's good in a way, because it's putting my expectations for the EA launch titles firmly in check.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:33 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareBooster
And an example of the cinical mindset of so many gamers today.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:36 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
What's with the personal comment, and what does that have to do with your impressions of the videos you just watched? Also, the people who you claim are hard to please are the same people who are lavishing praise on current-gen PES. So obviously we're not hard to please at all. On the contrary, we're more discerning than other people are apparently.
Calm down, it wasn't a personal comment, just a response to the general negative feedback in this thread.

Last edited by Dalsanto0026; 08-21-2013 at 01:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2013, 01:36 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoaxum
the game looks good but the videos are not showing much either to say that you don't see any improvements...and base off the new engine that they made your not going to really see it unless you actually have game on your hands because the biggest part the engine is doing is making the player movements look better and realistic..the crowds and lighting is the only thing you can look at in the videos and see the changes. better cuts or foot planting is more of feel which is something the engine is the biggest thing this new engine was made..the other stuff is just extra things EA threw in that claims the engine improve like the crowds,improve sidelines and visual..as far i'm concern they could do that with out that new engine...wouldn't couldn't do 100 percent right is foot planting and realistic movements.........this game looks little better then current gen from what i can tell but i believe it will get better come 2015
Actually, an EA rep stated last week that FIFA next-gen plays about the same as current-gen, and that the Ignite improvements have to do with visuals. That can be seen in these videos IMO. The player movements, player positioning and overall gameplay flow appears to be identical to current-gen. I get no sense of any kind of improved on-the-pitch experience, certainly no sense that footplanting or player momentum plays any role in the gameplay.

Last edited by Yeats; 08-21-2013 at 01:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »