Home

NBA 2K14 Videos From Gamescom

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Videos From Gamescom within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2013, 09:58 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Nice to see proper spacing and no unnecessary random cuts but that could of been from a play called, hard to tell. The block was nice but you can do that now in 2k13. I think this game will play alot like 2k13 aside from the signature animations added to the players this yr. Maybe I'm wrong but thats how I feel, even on next gen I don't expect gameplay to change much, just expect a substantial graphical improvement.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-22-2013, 11:42 AM   #18
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA2K14 GAMESCOM video

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Apparently going to have to address each player's full court shot tendency the minute I pop this one open. Great.

I'm kidding.

But honestly, even though he was user controlled and wide open, I'm wondering what dictated that guy at the high post to pivot and fire a 15 foot, leaning, underhanded floater. As in, did the gamer accidentally trigger that? Or did the game decide that was the best shot option in that particular situation? I suppose since he didn't square up, the shot initiation was treated as a back-to-the-basket post move.
Ummm... that was a CPU controlled player.

-------------------------------------

@sundown, I like the presentation look of the starting lineups, to me that is nice, simple and unique... nothing over the top but yet not vanilla either.

What would you like to see instead?

Something like this?
Spoiler

Or this?
Spoiler

Or this?
Spoiler
Old 08-22-2013, 11:49 AM   #19
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

TV presentation style all the way!

Old 08-22-2013, 12:01 PM   #20
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

Not feeling the presentation at all, worse than last year IMO. I saw another video of heat vs spurs and faces looked 100% the same. I'm waiting for more next gen info. The decent amount of gameplay improvements isn't enough to make me buy the game twice.

Last edited by ForeverVersatile; 08-22-2013 at 12:08 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:09 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 12

That underhanded floater from the free throw line was bizzare. Also, I think that shot is trigger far too often in NBA 2K13. How many players in the ATHLETIC NBA are going to use that as a shot? The only player that comes to mind who would do that shot is Luis Scola.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2013, 12:23 PM   #22
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Throne2K11
Not feeling the presentation at all, worse than last year IMO. I saw another video of heat vs spurs and faces looked 100% the same. I'm waiting for more next gen info. The decent amount of gameplay improvements isn't enough to make me buy the game twice.
Yeah They did make a new Norris Cole Face though (You see him briefly in 2k's Official Euroleague trailer)
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:52 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Yeah They did make a new Norris Cole Face though (You see him briefly in 2k's Official Euroleague trailer)
Yeah looks like he doesn't inexplicably look like a son of Magic Johnson anymore.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:59 PM   #24
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
The starting player lineup presentation graphic is bizarre.

2K should stick with more traditional presentation graphics that emulate broadcasts rather than try to be overly creative.
Meh, I thought it was pretty damn cool looking personally and an upgrade over last year's starting line-up intro. Going to finish watching the video now....

I liked the blocked lay-up attempt and the semi-lay up\hook shot that the CPU attempted. It beats seeing that horrid post fadeaway animation where they pivot and fade the wrong way. Plus, maybe this means we have more contextual animations in the paint this year.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

Last edited by J_Posse; 08-22-2013 at 01:12 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »