Home

Madden NFL 25 - Player Popularity in Connected Franchise, Brady & RGIII Most Popular

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 - Player Popularity in Connected Franchise, Brady & RGIII Most Popular within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2013, 09:35 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden NFL 25 - Player Popularity in Connected Franchise, Brady & RGIII Most Popular

Quote:
Every NFL team has players on their roster that are loved and adored by fans, and in Madden NFL 25 that is expressed in terms of a popularity rating. For instance, Tom Brady is easily one of the most popular and identifiable players in the league, so his popularity rating tops the scales at a 99. Other top players include Robert Griffin III (99), Colin Kaepernick (95), Russell Wilson (93) and Patrick Willis (91).

Source - Player Popularity in Connected Franchise (EA Sports)

Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2013, 10:12 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 25 - Player Popularity in Connected Franchise

I wonder how this will work with draft classes. You have to think that the "storyline players" will have a higher popularity rating.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:59 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 25 - Player Popularity in Connected Franchise

I like that they implemented popularity, but I'm curious as to if the rating is dynamic? As in guys like Tom Brady who probably would have entered the league with a low popularity rating due to his 6th RD pick status only to become Super Bowl MVP a few seasons later.

Also do popularity/personality ratings increase and decrease throughout a player's career? Guys like LaDainian Tomlinson who probably would've had a 95-99 popularity during his time in San Diego but probably would've dropped to the mid 80's during his final season with the Jets.

This could be a very fun feature if implemented correctly, I just hope EA took it to the next level and made it right.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:31 PM   #4
Rookie

cbearsfreak's Arena

OVR: 0
Does this mean you're like 15 years in the CFM and it's become complete fantasy, will the most popular player on your team (Like some dude named Connor Holmes or Kian McKenzie from last year) have their jersey show up in the stands? No matter how small this is, I've wanted this feature for YEARS
Old 08-26-2013, 05:42 PM   #5
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Madden NFL 25 - Player Popularity in Connected Franchise, Brady & RGIII Most Popu

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbearsfreak
Does this mean you're like 15 years in the CFM and it's become complete fantasy, will the most popular player on your team (Like some dude named Connor Holmes or Kian McKenzie from last year) have their jersey show up in the stands? No matter how small this is, I've wanted this feature for YEARS
I would imagine so. And they definitely had player's jerseys in the stands in cut scenes and stuff as recent as Madden 11 I believe. I vividly remember my Boston Browns jerseys being worn by fans during cut scenes, and it was almost always my star RB or my star safety's jerseys.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »