Home

OS Roundtable: NHL 14 Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: NHL 14 Demo Impressions within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2013, 07:38 PM   #9
Rookie

Garism's Arena

OVR: 2
Horizontal hockey by CPU still annoys me.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:01 AM   #10
On the 15 day DL-blister

voodoo_magic's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: OS Roundtable: NHL 14 Demo Impressions

I don't understand how it can be so hard for EA to program the defense to stand up more and attack the puck carrier before they enter the offensive zone.
It's not like the d would have to rush the puck carrier and if they miss it's a breakaway, just close the gap.
I remember last year Rammer talking at length about how they improved the ai and showing vids of how the ai defence would pressure you.
But hey it's a demo so maybe it will be in the retail version.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:08 AM   #11
Pro

JezFranco's Arena

OVR: 6
I don't know if I've been playing the same demo as Jayson.
I've played "Play Now", on Hardcore Simulation, and mostly on Pro, but I have seen loads of checkings from behind, boarding and even charging calls, all called properly.
And yesterday I also got into a fight and whopped one of the Boston players, and then took the game to overtime. And when OT started I heard Thorne announce that the Boston player wasn't coming back on ice due to the injuries he sustained earlier.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2013, 04:56 AM   #12
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44
ill wait for next gen, i bought nhl 13 which was the first nhl title i played since 2002 or 03 and it didnt really feel like a triple A sports title to me (im not sure if its supposed to be..). If they keep improving the gameplay and add some presentational elements i might purchase nhl 15 for my then new PS4.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:22 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 9
Everything is better in 14, there are tons of minor improvements from 13, and a couple of big ones like improved TPS and the new Enforcer Engine.

Really looking forward to the season ticket release

GMC and EASHL will be responsible for hundreds of hours spent online, once again.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:52 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0
No way. I'm waiting for the next gen game! Same for Madden on PS4. Same bull**** presentation and boring cut scnes along with the flyover neutral zone and again single referee!
Old 08-27-2013, 09:54 AM   #15
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: OS Roundtable: NHL 14 Demo Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by hf199
No way. I'm waiting for the next gen game! Same for Madden on PS4. Same bull**** presentation and boring cut scnes along with the flyover neutral zone and again single referee!
Like next gen is gonna be all that different. It will be just like this gen, within five years people will calling EA lazy and each game a patch with a roster update. Like I said before, people are fooling themselves thinking there is gonna be major changes each year with sports titles. The only reason it felt like the game had evolved this gen is because they had stripped it down. EA has already said that won't happen on the new consoles, so expect the stale factor to kick in much quicker.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2013, 11:19 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 0
thought it played exactly like 13'. pretty disappointing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »