Home

Almost 30 Minutes of FIFA 14 Gameplay Video

This is a discussion on Almost 30 Minutes of FIFA 14 Gameplay Video within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2013, 11:18 AM   #9
Pro

NightmareBooster's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Almost 30 Minutes of FIFA 14 Gameplay Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
Are there really two more English tiers added? That would pretty much seal the deal for me if true. Had not heard about this.
I'm probably not saying it correctly. By 5th tier I mean the league directly below the Npower League 2, the Conference Premier, which would make for 5 tiers in-game. Sorry for any confusion.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:24 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareBooster
I'm probably not saying it correctly. By 5th tier I mean the league directly below the Npower League 2, the Conference Premier, which would make for 5 tiers in-game. Sorry for any confusion.
Right, my mistake I wasn't counting correctly. Another English tier is most excellent news, thanks NB.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:25 AM   #11
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
I've read two hands-on previews where both reviewers commented on the improved player momentum. One reviewer said it made the game almost too sluggish, the other said it improved the game so much that he couldn't go back to FIFA 13. Just something to consider as we wait for the demo.
I'm actually hoping for "sluggish." The game tends to be too end to end. It would be nice to have great defensive postioning and build up play. I love sitting still and using a skill move to open up space for a cutting pass. That's more authentic to what I see on TV. I had read they made the D a lot smarter by making its decisions over multiple frames, as opposed to one move by the user. I'm intrigued to see it in action.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2013, 11:40 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
I'm actually hoping for "sluggish." The game tends to be too end to end. It would be nice to have great defensive postioning and build up play.
The little bit I've read seemed to indicate that was the case, that the so-called sluggish player movement contributed to a general slowdown in gameplay speed and buildup. I'm definitely looking forward to the demo now.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:32 PM   #13

dubcity's Arena

If player movement is indeed slower, particularly in user-vs-cpu encounters, that's awesome, but I have no intention of purchasing this game if the foul issue has not been fixed on the console version.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:48 AM   #14
Pro

NightmareBooster's Arena

Having finally seen the video, it's shaping up to be pretty much what I expected. I noticed one or two new animations but overall it looks essentially the same as last year, which isn't all bad. It's hard to discern game speed watching pace whores play so I guess I'll just have to wait for the trailer.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:57 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

There is literally no directional pressure. The forwards are in front of the defensive gaps at all times. This is why passing % is going to be 80-90 at all times. Looks exactly like FIFA 13; and despite multiple PC edits, etc - there was no saving the game.

The game needs to be more stop and start. That is what you see in the real game. It's just sad.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »