Home

Looking for the Perfect Madden Sliders? So are we!

This is a discussion on Looking for the Perfect Madden Sliders? So are we! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2013, 12:28 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Looking for the Perfect Madden Sliders? So are we!

It's a yearly tradition here at Operation Sports, but once again gamers just like you are collaborating with one another to find the perfect slider sets to make Madden play the best game of football possible.

Madden NFL 25 has a few quirks which many sim-oriented players are wanting desperately to solve and early returns from people playing with the sliders are pretty solid -- making it entirely feasible the game can be tweaked to play a pretty good game of football.

Right now there are several promising slider sets on both Madden Share and within our forums.

What slider sets have you been using thus far and what have your results been like?
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2013, 12:56 PM   #2
Pro

drewst18's Arena

OVR: 5
I have found a great set for me, I was tired of games finishing 55-49 playing all Madden offense is too easy/defense is too hard.

Not the exact on both sides but have Lowered QB Accuracy, Route Running, Run Blocking (heavily) and catching. And then upped tackling, pass reaction time and pass rush (I think is the other one).

Playing 15 min quarters with 10 seconds left on play clock, slow game speed, higher fatigue, injuries down to 23 and I am very happy with the results struggle vs top teams and close games with bottom teams.

I am not even good I would be very disappointed with AI skill if I was one of the top online guys.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:05 PM   #3
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Looking for the Perfect Madden Sliders? So are we!

Is there anyway that OS can come together to do what EA Tiburon continues to fail to do, which is create a simulation setting using sliders? With the Madden Locker, ie Madden Share finally being added back is something like this now easily possible?

I notice that OS normally has an online community yet it just uses defaults but that seems like a heck of place to utilize a simulation standard slider set. I think I have advocated for this in the past, only to be met with resistance because "everyone is different, blah, blah, blah", yeah I get that. That still doesn't stop other studios from including a "simulation" setting that they feel is the most realistic the game can play and it shouldn't deter OS from doing it either.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:10 PM   #4
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewst18
I have found a great set for me, I was tired of games finishing 55-49 playing all Madden offense is too easy/defense is too hard.

Not the exact on both sides but have Lowered QB Accuracy, Route Running, Run Blocking (heavily) and catching. And then upped tackling, pass reaction time and pass rush (I think is the other one).

Playing 15 min quarters with 10 seconds left on play clock, slow game speed, higher fatigue, injuries down to 23 and I am very happy with the results struggle vs top teams and close games with bottom teams.

I am not even good I would be very disappointed with AI skill if I was one of the top online guys.
I was going to bring this up but chose not to, I completely agree with this. I think 5-7 minute quarters in Madden, should play out as such, not like a full 60 minute game. I would love to see a slider set that represents that, one where gamers can still choose to play quick games with shorten quarter lengths without the ridiculously high scores and stats.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:56 PM   #5
Pro

UNDERTAKER1215's Arena

OVR: 3
I found a pretty good set. I'm using the Cardinals and have lost the first two games of the season to the Rams and Lions by no more than a touchdown, and the completion percentage have been pretty accurate with Palmer completing about 56%. I hate losing, but losing good games like these aren't that bad when you are trying to sort of rebuild. If I remember right, none of the scores have gone past like 35, so they seem to be pretty good, probably the best I've used in any Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2013, 02:02 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

A good set cannot be produced because the AI is so bad there is no covering it up. I think this run free thing limits what the defense can do which is why they took some sliders away. It's sad, I would have loved to buy this game, it looks good, but the gameplay is soooooooo bad. I spent 3 days tinkering with sliders and nothing could fix the horrible high school awareness defenders had.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:06 PM   #7
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9

Its hard to find a set when the acc clock doesnt work for user vs user games which means we are screwed 2 years in a row it hasnt worked
Old 08-28-2013, 02:09 PM   #8
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9

in week three of preseason and we have 4 read option teams who can run for 300 yards a game with their running back/quarterback and thats only on 7 min quarters

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »