Home

Looking for the Perfect Madden Sliders? So are we!

This is a discussion on Looking for the Perfect Madden Sliders? So are we! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2013, 06:22 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 14
Why doesn't EA give us complete sliders that way we really could come up with something resembling true simulation. Give us a global slider set with every rating in the game so we could tweak anything wacky and out of balance. Without effecting overalls when adjusting rosters. Could you imagine having a slider set like this where you practically could tweak every little thing in the game.

Speed
Acceleration
Agility
Strength
Awareness
Catching
Carrying
Throw Power
Throw Accuracy
Kick Power
Kick Accuracy
Run Block
Pass Block
Tackle
Jumping
Kick Return
Injury
Stamina
Toughness
Trucking
Elusiveness
Ball Carrier Vision
Stiff Arm
Spin Move
Juke Move
Impact Block
Run Block Strength
Run Block Footwork
Pass Block Strength
Pass Block Footwork
Power Moves
Finnesse Moves
Block Shedding
Pursuit
Play Recognition
Man Cover
Zone cover
Spectacular Catch
Catch in Traffic
Route Running
Hit Power
Press
Release
Short Throw Accuracy
Medium Throw Accuracy
Deep Throw Accuracy
Playaction
Throw on the Run
Old 08-28-2013, 06:41 PM   #18
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Looking for the Perfect Madden Sliders? So are we!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Is there anyway that OS can come together to do what EA Tiburon continues to fail to do, which is create a simulation setting using sliders? With the Madden Locker, ie Madden Share finally being added back is something like this now easily possible?

I notice that OS normally has an online community yet it just uses defaults but that seems like a heck of place to utilize a simulation standard slider set. I think I have advocated for this in the past, only to be met with resistance because "everyone is different, blah, blah, blah", yeah I get that. That still doesn't stop other studios from including a "simulation" setting that they feel is the most realistic the game can play and it shouldn't deter OS from doing it either.
Well... everyone is different. Blah blah blah.

If you find a set that respects the ratings, then the game isn't that much of a challenge [at least against the computer] and if you want a challenge, which is secretly what most players want, then you are going to end up with a slider set that is crazy hard just for the sake of being hard. For example, I have seen people tell you to use like 5 QB accuracy, and in doing so, I have used Tom Brady/Pyton Manning/Drew Brees/etc and had a hard time throwing a Curl or an out route with any consistency. When using a super Star QB is a chore, it isn't fun. It is just hard for the sake of being hard. Yet, if you increase it all that much more, then I find myself going 16/20 and 3 TDs with Tim Tebow or Colt McCoy. I am just not sure there is much of a happy medium.

This is increased exponentially with different individual skill levels and preferences. I just try to find a set that does gets as close as I can at respecting individual ratings and match ups when the AI plays against itself [the user can only control one palyer at a time, so the other 10 are just playing out their ratings/assignments.] For example, I like to control the Jack linebacker in the 3-4 or sometimes a safety in a Seam/Curl-Flat assignment and let my AI pass rusher do their job. Other times I want to control the RE, who always has a much harder time against the LT than the LE has against the RT, and try to even the odds with some user pass rushing... but that means I need my linebackers to do their jobs, and I don't think EA has even programmed these players to really do their jobs right in the first place no matter what the slider settings or ratings are.

Last edited by PGaither84; 08-28-2013 at 06:46 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:54 PM   #19
Rookie

Slayer525's Arena

OVR: 0

I've been using Fiddy's sliders. And so far they have been great. Giving me competitive games when close ratings are on the other team. However, I did just finish a game against the 78 ovr dolphins and were beating them 28-0 in the 2nd. So I decided to sim the rest. Well... we won 87-27. Drew brees had 500 passing and 8 TDs and darren sproles had 301 rushing yards. I hope this was just a fluke game.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:04 PM   #20
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Oh, and then there is the debate over speed threshold. Back in Madden 10 I was in favor of using something as close to 0 as I could, and many recommend 30... and then on a whim I listend to KBLover and tried 100 speed threshold for Madden 12 [I think I use 90 right now] and fell in love with it.

As I think RGiles said it, 0-30 speed threshold makes the game look like High School football. You get a huge separation between fast and slow players. 30-70 kind of looks like College football, and 70+ starts to look more like the pros.

With the 90 speed threshold, I feel that speed if MORE important. In the past, if you have, say, 92 speed and the opposing linebackers had 86 speed [which is fast for most LBs in Madden,] you would just burn them to the edge and could have a field day. With a high threshold, that difference between that 92 and 86 speed is much smaller. You need that 98 speed guy to really gain the separation you are looking for. It also makes those rare fast linebackers, like Patrick Willis play even more like a Super Star. While other slower linebackers might get beat by a 94 speed HB, Willis is only 4 points lower [and not 8-12 like most others] and will still hunt him down.

Playing with a higher speed threshold has resulted in lower scoring games because it is harder to break away with just anyone. I combined that with the fatigue/injury sliders KBLover also suggested, and it really put a lot of replay value back into Madden 12 for me. With 90 fatigue and 4 injury, and substitutions set so that nobody but defensive linemen and HBs sub in and out of the game [sub out at 0 and back in at 1/ HBs out at 75 and back in at 80, D-line out at 1 and back in at 5] it also puts and emphasis on the STAMINA rating and effects game play. You see, how fatigued a player is has an impact on his ratings/performance. This has an in-game impact on forcing 3 and outs and sustaining long drives. Tired players play worse. It has a noticeable cumulative effect.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:45 PM   #21
Rookie

848's Arena

OVR: 1

I just need sliders that produce good defensive stats, I can figure out offense. I played my first game yesterday and my guys had a grand total of 2 assisted tackles. I like my guys getting lots of ast tackles, everybody helping out on the ball carrier
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2013, 08:55 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 32

All Madden default
- Ball hawk off
- Heatseeker off

Profit
Old 08-28-2013, 09:41 PM   #23
Rookie

848's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
All Madden default
- Ball hawk off
- Heatseeker off

Profit
I had those off tho
Old 08-28-2013, 10:13 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by 848
I had those off tho
Fatigue, 72

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »