Home

NHL 14 Producer Interview (SportsNet Canada)

This is a discussion on NHL 14 Producer Interview (SportsNet Canada) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2013, 07:42 PM   #9
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: NHL 14 Producer Interview 8/28

It's all about $$. They will sell more games if it caters to a wider audience, bottom line. As for the Ai, it would have required too much to basically rewrite it so it was tweak it until the next consoles dropped. Not only that but the series money maker is online leagues. If they made offline that tempting, they would lose out when people chose playing the Ai over the cheese online.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:05 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Not buying this year. If they can't make a hockey game that resembles the reality of the NHL, I'm done. Barely gave NHL 13 a sniff, and won't even miss this year's version. From everything I've read about the impressions to this point, I just can't this year...
Old 08-29-2013, 09:15 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus
Why do people in the review business give EA a pass on the AI?

Why has no one asked these questions? I know some companies would be afraid of being controversial because EA is a huge company, but you would get a lot of respect with gamers.
You bring up a good point. Anybody notice that these guys just said Nathan MacKinnon is "legally barred" from appearing in the game until he plays in the NHL? lolwut?

I have rarely seen interviews where Rammer actually answers questions from someone who knows what they're talking about. No rational person is saying the devs have it easy... but I would have so much more respect and patience with EA if they would own up and answer the questions that the hardcore fans have.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2013, 09:24 PM   #12
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlxsf18
You bring up a good point. Anybody notice that these guys just said Nathan MacKinnon is "legally barred" from appearing in the game until he plays in the NHL? lolwut?

I have rarely seen interviews where Rammer actually answers questions from someone who knows what they're talking about. No rational person is saying the devs have it easy... but I would have so much more respect and patience with EA if they would own up and answer the questions that the hardcore fans have.
The MacKinnon thing is a legal issue until he signs an agreement. I believe the CHL has a different agreement than the pro leagues. The problem is people have asked Rammer questions like that and he just dodges it and no one follows up. I remember someone brought up the practice bug in EASHL, which was buggy from the beginning, and Rammer just went "Oh I didn't know there was a bug." That was that. It's inexcusable for how big EA is to give an answer like that. They get passes on that all the time. Of course if I could get away with stuff like that and be a billion dollar company, I would to.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:47 AM   #13
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NHL 14 Producer Interview (SportsNet Canada)

Quote:
With 2013-14 being an Olympic year, the break for Sochi is reflected in the schedule — but EA did not obtain an IIHF licence to simulate official national-team sweaters and logos.

“We do have generic national-team jerseys and we can update the rosters when the (Olympic) teams are announced and get the players on the right teams,” Rammer explains.
Well there goes the little bit of hope I had this year. If I see the same ugly huge national team sweaters that have been in the game for years now, I might break my controller. I should be able to overlook it, but I just can't help it. They are gross. At least make them "edge-fit".

Guess there's no new teams this year either. $10 says they forgot to add Slovenia too who happened to qualify for the Olympics this year. They should have been added years ago. Meanwhile we still have nations like Japan, Italy, and Great Britain in the game. Not saying they should take those countries out, but do a little research.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:24 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
Of course NHL 15 will be next gen, but they have to sell 14 first.
Irresponsible speculation time!

I wonder if this team isn't going to be responsible for next-gen?
What if it's like the previous generation where EA Montreal was working on the Xbox/PS2 NHL06 while EA Vancouver was making NHL07 for the 360/PS3?
Old 09-01-2013, 12:14 AM   #15
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Irresponsible speculation time!

I wonder if this team isn't going to be responsible for next-gen?
What if it's like the previous generation where EA Montreal was working on the Xbox/PS2 NHL06 while EA Vancouver was making NHL07 for the 360/PS3?

I don't know if another studio would be any better but it would be something fresher. Of course you have to wonder if most of the problem with EA's NHL is the higher ups rather than the devs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2013, 06:56 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0
Ya they need to make the gameplay more organic.. Right now it's too up and down..every team plays same way so no strategy.. There are not a lot of differences in skill to differentiate players.. The rinks are all the same w different logos..the puck still richochets around off of players, goalies...2k3 NHL the teams and players played more like their counterparts... Fatigue and endurance for star players should be more noticeable

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »