Home

NBA 2K14 Video - Dynamic Living Rosters Briefly Explained

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Video - Dynamic Living Rosters Briefly Explained within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2013, 06:30 PM   #17
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K14 Video - Dynamic Living Rosters Briefly Explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
My guess is the new part isn't the partnering with STATS.Inc, but the exact parameters of the partnership that are new. Namely higher integration of the updates with things actually going on in the NBA.

The way it looked like 2K would get all of their attributes and ratings and tendencies from STATS data based off the previous season and perhaps playoffs. From there the insider would update or cherry pick a few players that were playing well or slightly worse during the season. The insider definitely would not lower "stars" if say there mid range was rated higher than what there stats showed. I am glad they listened and partnered with STATS who are pros at stat tracking. All of that bias should be gone and we should get a much better playing game
Old 09-02-2013, 06:31 PM   #18
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I thought they were with Synergy, not STATS
No they have been with STATS for a few years. NBA Live is with Synergy
Old 09-02-2013, 06:41 PM   #19
MVP

Phreezy P's Arena

OVR: 24

They are probably going to use this and still put out weekly rosters which include injuries, accessories (maybe since 2k rarely cared about it before) etc.

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Old 09-02-2013, 06:44 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yikes if they already had it, then I hope it won't be more of the same- taking a month to change ONE rating on ONE star player!

I'm hoping for a daily (or at least weekly) update on ALL players. It sounds like this is what NBA live is providing, so it would be good if 2k could be close to that!

Hopefully it is actually stat based, hence less subjective, and will be implemented across the whole NBA.. I'm sick of guys that I use every game not getting any love from 2k! Kosta Koufos has the same stats in 2k13 as he did in 2k11, C'mon 2k- remember that every player is somebodies favorite player! Spread the love!
Old 09-02-2013, 07:08 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0
Sounds like nba live 09 as far as this specific feature not saying game play just this feature... But nba live's synergy is supposed to be within an hour of a game we will see
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2013, 07:20 PM   #22
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
It wasn't a lot so I won't be too critical. BUT, I was more impressed my the Live version of the roster updates, mainly because they are using what the real NBA teams use (at least that's what they said). Plus, they've already said that not only will it affect attributes, but also, accessories, shoes, tattoos, everything. Of course, the are solely next-gen so maybe that's one of the benefits of the PS4 and XB1.

I'll obviously wait to hear more of what 2K has to say, but it's looking like a great year for basketball. I may just buy both so I can help (at least in a small way) both companies so that we can continue to have competition.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:35 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnixon
Yikes if they already had it, then I hope it won't be more of the same- taking a month to change ONE rating on ONE star player!

I'm hoping for a daily (or at least weekly) update on ALL players. It sounds like this is what NBA live is providing, so it would be good if 2k could be close to that!
I saw/read somewhere that the updates should happen at least daily. I just hope it includes transactions/injuries, as those are even more important than hot/cold streaks and more straightforward to pull data for.

Live seems to be doing it in a way that updates could come within the hour of a transaction though. Wish 2K would really push things towards truly live, online, connected, and integrated.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:10 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 9

This should be great but it won't because somebody has to do the analysis for it then it will be updated.

2K is talking about it but they are not saying how they will implement it into the game. It can't be done daily because of the late games and teams that don't play so it probably be updated the next day at the earliest.

Another issue I see with it is they are only talking about stats but what about accessories, signings, waived, and shoes?

I'm just waiting to hear how this would work for roster makers or people who don't use 2K's (lack luster) rosters.

What about people who don't have internet connection?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »