Home

Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 Available on PC/Mac

This is a discussion on Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 Available on PC/Mac within the Other Hockey Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2013, 03:09 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 Available on PC/Mac

The Skinny:
A new hockey management simulator called Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 has been released from the same company which has brought the critically acclaimed Out of the Park baseball series to PCs.

OOTP Developments today released Franchise Hockey Manager 2014, which steps into the current hockey management game void by offering the most comprehensive GM experience on the market. FHM 2014 features 19 leagues from around the world, along with historical NHL play as far back as 1947 and the entire WHA history from 1971 to 1979.

The US$39.99 game runs on PC and Mac and can be found here.

Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 offers the following features:

• The 2013-14 season for 19 leagues around the world, with real teams and players. Available leagues include the NHL, AHL, OHL, WHL, Liiga, EIHL, KHL, SHL, and more.

• Historical play as far back as the 1947 for the NHL, as well as the entire 1971 through 1979 existence of the WHA.

• Custom leagues set up in a variety of pre-configured ways, with fresh franchises stocked with fictional players who chart unique careers.

• A robust simulation engine that produces the most realistic hockey results possible, whether players want to reproduce the later years of the Original Six, replay the high-scoring 1980s, create fictional leagues, or anything else. A variety of league rules and settings can be changed to create different experiences.

• Players oversee team finances, keep an eye on the salary cap, check on their assistance coaches and scouts, watch the waiver wire, put together trade packages, make contract offers to free agents, and much more. They also determine their team's long-term plan, keeping in mind the possibility that they could be fired if they don't live up to the owner's expectations.

You can find out more about Franchise Hockey Manager 2014, as well as purchase it, on its official website.
Platform: Mac / PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2013, 04:09 PM   #2
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11
I've been watching this game for a while now. I'll have to see some reviews before I buy it.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:38 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 Available on PC/Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Mathematics
I've been watching this game for a while now. I'll have to see some reviews before I buy it.
A few members at HFBoards have been playing the Beta version.
Sounds like there's still a few bugs to hammer out. Including one where you can't resign your own players.

The devs have been very vocal on these boards and they appear to be very dedicated to the game and the sport. So I'd bet they get these bugs fixed asap.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...241179&page=22
Old 09-03-2013, 06:06 PM   #4
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15

I'm not sure what they're trying to do with this game. They released it with a bug that you can't re-sign players or play as St. Louis? Then they charge 40 bucks for it? This seems like a really bad decision.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:08 PM   #5
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11
I just took a look at that forum and saw that the game still has some major bugs in it. Like not being able to re-sign your own players. It sounds like they should not have released the game yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2013, 06:42 PM   #6
Pro

drewst18's Arena

OVR: 5
I would recommend waiting until it goes on sale with future patches...unless you are a die hard hockey sim fan looking to support the product.

Potential is there but most don't buy on potential.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:47 PM   #7
Rookie

Blackwood Bully's Arena

OVR: 1
The game is beyond bad right now.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:14 PM   #8
Pro

yougo1000's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwood Bully
The game is beyond bad right now.
I worked on the research team and some last second bugs came up and it was going to be not enough time to fix them without delaying release and they had everything set up for release. I expect a patch soon.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games »