Home

Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Videos (Fan-Made and Definitely Worth Watching)

This is a discussion on Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Videos (Fan-Made and Definitely Worth Watching) within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2013, 11:14 PM   #17
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Videos (Fan-Made and Definitely Worth Watching)

watching these and other videos the last few weeks made me fire up my pes 2013 BAL. The more realistic flow of the matches, randomness, excitement and frustrations is all there and 2014 looks even better. I don't get all that with my player career in FIFA which is pretty bland with repetitive type games. Hopefully the new engine of pes fixes a few issues that bug me though.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:04 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Defensive pressure is close. I need to see more passes off target, and more start and stop - not just free flowing play in each game. Needs a lot more fouls and more "heart" defensively in the positioning in the defensive 3rd. Looks good though.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:30 AM   #19
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Defensive pressure is close. I need to see more passes off target, and more start and stop - not just free flowing play in each game. Needs a lot more fouls and more "heart" defensively in the positioning in the defensive 3rd. Looks good though.

I have seen some start and stop play from teams in the E3 build, if Konami kept that in the game time would tell. Hard to tell in the demo since it is so short though.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:25 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
Great video. Day 1 purchase. I don't understand how someone can think that fifa is a more accurate sim of soccer than this game.
For all the positive reviews about the leaked PES demo, I have been reading complaints that indicate the jury is still out on just how much the game coding has actually improved. The game looks fab in motion, there is no question about that. It's also obvious the CPU AI is miles better than any football game to date with regards to on-the-ball movement. But I've also seen a number of goals scored where the GK AI looks as broken as ever. There have also been plenty of complaints about Konami's infamous scripting, something I've been worried about since they announced their Heart feature.

I'll wait for the PC demo, and I will play it and read user reviews in the meantime. But given the past several years, I would never consider pre-ordering or purchasing day 1, regardless of how amazing these videos look. And in all honesty, I don't think anyone who knows football would ever state FIFA is a more accurate sim. The thing with FIFA is that, up until this year anyway, people have gravitated towards that game because of the licenses, because of the smoother player control, and because the game in motion looks better than clunky old PES with it's PS2-era animations. For most gamers, licenses, gameplay smoothness and great animations = more real. IMO that's what people are actually referring to when they say FIFA is more sim.

Last edited by Yeats; 09-04-2013 at 08:00 AM.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:52 AM   #21
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
There are some starts and stops and there are times where there is a lot of midfield play in my opinion. The pressure is there because it is on Superstar so we will have to see what it is like on other levels. Lack of fouls are a concern and need to be addressed for sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2013, 08:55 AM   #22
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
For all the positive reviews about the leaked PES demo, I have been reading complaints that indicate the jury is still out on just how much the game coding has actually improved. The game looks fab in motion, there is no question about that. It's also obvious the CPU AI is miles better than any football game to date with regards to on-the-ball movement. But I've also seen a number of goals scored where the GK AI looks as broken as ever. There have also been plenty of complaints about Konami's infamous scripting, something I've been worried about since they announced their Heart feature.

I'll wait for the PC demo, and I will play it and read user reviews in the meantime. But given the past several years, I would never consider pre-ordering or purchasing day 1, regardless of how amazing these videos look. And in all honesty, I don't think anyone who knows football would ever state FIFA is a more accurate sim. The thing with FIFA is that, up until this year anyway, people have gravitated towards that game because of the licenses, because of the smoother player control, and because the game in motion looks better than clunky old PES with it's PS2-era animations. For most gamers, licenses, gameplay smoothness and great animations = more real. IMO that's what people are actually referring to when they say FIFA is more sim.
The keepers definitely need work. At times in the demo they are great and at other times pretty poor. I would wait for the demo next week to judge since we weren't even supposed to get this demo. Keepers, lack of fouls and the fact that sometimes players have to slow down to retrieve a pass are my concerns at the moment.

But again considering we weren't even supposed to see this demo there are a lot of positives. The passing is fantastic as an example.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:22 AM   #23
Pro

NightmareBooster's Arena

OVR: 2

I've seen enough. I want this game...NOW! PES 2013 was the first PES I played and I was less than enthused. However, after comparing what I've seen so far between PES 2014 and FIFA 14 it looks like PES is shaping up to be the better game. I have to get both (one for PC the other for console) but I'm thinking I'll get PES first for PC. We'll see come release.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:34 PM   #24
Banned

steveeee's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
The thing with FIFA is that, up until this year anyway, people have gravitated towards that game because of the licenses, because of the smoother player control, and because the game in motion looks better than clunky old PES with it's PS2-era animations. For most gamers, licenses, gameplay smoothness and great animations = more real. IMO that's what people are actually referring to when they say FIFA is more sim.
You left out one of the biggest reasons why people have gravitated towards FIFA .. and that is online play. the online community for FIFA is huge world wide... .. regardless if you like FIFA or not.. it's simply the best online sports game you can buy and has the the most online modes out of all sports video games.. not just footie games. FIFA is just one of the better online games in general.. not just sports. and the large online community FIFA has built proves it.

Of course licenses is a big thing.. even the audio... but animations looking more real would go to PES now starting this year.

I think for konami to really compete again.. they need to try to get their online some what even close to what FIFA has. word of mouth and the good reviews will sell this new PES but if they actually release it with better online and online clubs or some type of 11 v 11 type stuff... people will start to convert back to PES from FIFA at that point. THere is many people who only buy FIFA just because of online.. if it wasn't for that.. they wouldn't be buying it. Yes of course there is also many who buy just because of all the licenses as well..

with this new game play and animations PES is showing.. the multiplayer looks excellent.. and if they release this game with good online master league and maybe even a mode with you can havemore than 4 consoles in an online game.. like FIFA club mode.. PES online will get popular fast and will have many covert over.

EA figured out awhile ago that online community is a major impact that helps sell some of their sports games every year.. mainly FIFA and NHL.. they put online as one of their top priorities in developing the sports games now days.. and FIFA is #1 in sports online that i know of. Konami needs to get with the times.. and needs to make online a prioriitiy... I would even say that is more important for PES than Licenses and Stadiums imo ... I'm sure there is many offline only gamers who will disagree and that is OK.. but really online play is a huge factor.

ps. for me personally.. I already seen enough in the leaked demo that I'm buying this day 1 no matter what. I am also not expecting the final code to be much different from the leaked demo except for some keeper bug glitches or input lag to be resolved hopefully.. I will download the demo and play it though before I pick it up day 1 so I could change my mind after I play it

Last edited by steveeee; 09-04-2013 at 03:12 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »