Home

NBA 2K14 Hands-On Preview - Association Mode, Presentation, Gameplay & Online Details

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Hands-On Preview - Association Mode, Presentation, Gameplay & Online Details within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2013, 12:47 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA 2K14 Hands-On Preview - Association Mode, Presentation, Gameplay & Online Det

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
@Vdusen - they are getting at the new blocking system, which calculates multiple block points instead of 1.
I was a little thrown off by the suggestion that the defender chooses where they want to block a shot. I'm still not sure I get that part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloelite
I'm ready to see a new presentation (GM's office at practice facility maybe), real training camps that involve cuts and preseason games in alternate arenas, rivalry games with more significance, D-League coming back, injury recovery options (play through or have surgery to protect future), arena management (owner mode) and a reworked practice mode for your team similar to real life (set the time limit 5, 10 or 15 min and work on plays, shooting, defense etc for boosts). Just some thoughts from an Association lover
That stuff sounds awesome. These are the kind of things I'm looking for from an NBA game. Those types of details take games to a higher level.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:53 PM   #10
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 Hands-On Preview - Association Mode, Presentation, Gameplay & Online Det

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I was a little thrown off by the suggestion that the defender chooses where they want to block a shot. I'm still not sure I get that part.
Will have to see how it works in gameplay, but in theory, it allows for multiple block points (windows?) so that its not just a single window somewhere in the animation that allows for a block.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:54 PM   #11
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Enjoyed everything that was listed here. This is some good news. I definitely want to know more about this:

Quote:
Crews features season and playoff modes with full leaderboards and stat tracking. You earn VC for participating in these online match-ups just like you do with offline games.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2013, 01:11 PM   #12
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
It wasn't clear but they make it sound like we are in control of the blocks. It would be nice if we could use right analog as your hands and jump as a combo. I don't think that is the case but that would be some real next gen controls. Like how you use hands up when defending regularly.

NBA 2K14 features a reworked blocking system that allows defenders to choose where to swat the ball instead of just going for the first place the defender's hand could intercept the ball. This allows players who perfectly time their blocks to deny dunks.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:17 PM   #13
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
In previous NBA 2K games, plays were normally run off of scripts. Veteran users could often see the play unfold early, anticipate what a player is trying to do, and take it away before it developed. The AI within the play system now has options and picks the right one based off what the user is doing. For example, if Ray Allen is supposed to curl off a double screen and you go over the top of that screen to try and intercept the pass, he'll either flare lower to get open or cut back door on you.
Very, very nice.

And the bit about easing players back into the fold after major injuries? Maybe it's just because of what we did with Eric Gordon, but I wonder if the coach they brought in was Monty Williams. And I'm sure they asked about more than just defensive rotations.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:23 PM   #14
Rookie

MAGboyswifT27's Arena

OVR: 7
Nice!!! Looking forward to its release!
Old 09-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #15
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
Those Association addition actually sound pretty cool. Especially the portion about slowly recovering from injuries. Nice I would like a bit more attention focused on it though in the future. It's just with what we learned previously I thought it would be exactly the same so I'm glad to see some change anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2013, 01:43 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

In all honesty, it looks like another year of a clearly flawed and weak association mode. Disappointed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »