Home

NBA Live 14 Interview with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien - Player Ratings

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Interview with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien - Player Ratings within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2013, 07:30 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
I have a feeling live is going to bring some heat this year
Old 09-09-2013, 08:34 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Player Ratings Behind the Scenes Video

I am not worried, I watched an interview where Machinima Sports interviewed Scott O'Brien and he looked right into the camera and said that he promises that it will come out at launch. I don't doubt that it will, I've seen at least 2 people on youtube say they played the quick demo and said it was the best thing they have ever seen. Live even got the best sports award at E3 this year. There is no reason to worry, we just need to patient. With all their failures its only going to make them work harder and prove to everyone that they can compete. I'd rather have the best 5 vs. 5 gameplay video then see some half done work where everyone starts to criticize and say that EA is back to its old self.

EA HAS to make the footage they release near perfect and include all the game modes we want or the word is just going to ignore them and just default with 2K this year again. Even the rendered photos are great to see, seeing that the in-game Kyrie photo looks photo realistic. Be patient, its coming.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:41 PM   #11
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by iverson_2k
I am not worried, I watched an interview where Machinima Sports interviewed Scott O'Brien and he looked right into the camera and said that he promises that it will come out at launch. I don't doubt that it will, I've seen at least 2 people on youtube say they played the quick demo and said it was the best thing they have ever seen. Live even got the best sports award at E3 this year. There is no reason to worry, we just need to patient. With all their failures its only going to make them work harder and prove to everyone that they can compete. I'd rather have the best 5 vs. 5 gameplay video then see some half done work where everyone starts to criticize and say that EA is back to its old self.

EA HAS to make the footage they release near perfect and include all the game modes we want or the word is just going to ignore them and just default with 2K this year again. Even the rendered photos are great to see, seeing that the in-game Kyrie photo looks photo realistic. Be patient, its coming.
don't forget that the nba head office was upset at ea for not releasing a game last year. live 14 is coming, just hold back on expectations and understand that it is a video game and not real life
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2013, 08:49 PM   #12
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
Any gameplay vids of this out there ?
Old 09-09-2013, 09:15 PM   #13
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profit89
Any gameplay vids of this out there ?
soon. just be patient! don't think ea or live wants to show their hand first.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:21 PM   #14
Banned

There is no way EA is showing game footage again. The last 2 times they did it cost them big time, elite 11 and live 13 received so much negative outburst that they both were cancelled before being released.
Secondly I don't understand how some can criticize 2k Sports because all they have done was raised the bar without competition. They could have been like EA and been not creative like the Madden series, by the way through a whole decade. Thirdly, if you got to question / doubt anyone doubt EA, for they have shown and produced absolutely nothing. You guys are waiting on a game that you will be laughing about later once again. EA Sports is and will always be who we thought they were, sellers!!
Old 09-09-2013, 09:36 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookatmenow
There is no way EA is showing game footage again. The last 2 times they did it cost them big time, elite 11 and live 13 received so much negative outburst that they both were cancelled before being released.
Secondly I don't understand how some can criticize 2k Sports because all they have done was raised the bar without competition. They could have been like EA and been not creative like the Madden series, by the way through a whole decade. Thirdly, if you got to question / doubt anyone doubt EA, for they have shown and produced absolutely nothing. You guys are waiting on a game that you will be laughing about later once again. EA Sports is and will always be who we thought they were, sellers!!
I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one. EA is putting all their effort into this game to make it the best sim game ever. Will it sell more than 2K? No, of course not, 2K is going to be on current gen and next gen. If EA releases a video now that is half done what do you think the gaming community is going to do? They are going to tear it to shreds like they did the last 2 titles.

EA has been down this road before and knows what NOT to do. They see what 2k has been doing over the past couple years and the features it is. They know what has made 2k successful as well as things that the community hates. Such as can't block dunks, or canned dribbling animations, or infrequent roster updates. And what has EA come out and stated? They have BounceTek to counter dribbling animations, they have up to the hour updates, and you can block dunks. Live will have all those same features as 2k if not more b/c there aren't any limitations on the next gen hardware yet.

From a review I saw, they said you can see the stitching of the shoes from a afar. This just tells me EA is going all out on this game. They are being perfectionists. The game WILL come out. Be patient, we got 2 months till launch. Best early christmas gift you can ask for. haha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2013, 09:55 PM   #16
Banned

You guys never learn. Again what have they shown you for you to believe the words that are coming out of your mouth. Hahaha Hahaha!! ...funny
They had three years to make a game on current Gen and you saw what that produced. Maybe I need to get into the selling business because you guys will buy anything no matter how many times you get fooled.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »