Home

NHL 14 Video - New Features in GM Mode

This is a discussion on NHL 14 Video - New Features in GM Mode within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2013, 05:40 AM   #17
Rookie

fillydilly's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 14: New Features in GM Mode: video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garism
Last year on the PS3, i would say about a week worth of simulation would take a good 5 minutes.

But thanks to fillydilly on the Q&A thread, seems like he got the answer!
Been over to a friend that have the season pass early access and tried out the GM Mode. It takes approx 2½ minutes to sim through a month. But it varies but not by much that you could call it slow. Im really happy about the GM Mode this year. Overall the whole interaction in the mode is very quick. No more sluggish controls while in Scouting Assignment because of many draftees etc. Stats loads very fast. Trading is hard but realistic. I think there have been some changes to the scouting as well.

My scouts saw S. Reinhart as No. 1 pick but he fell to fourth (My pick) and he was clearly the best of the draft when I checked potentials etc. I had jacked up my scouting in Staff Upgrades so I had some very good scouting I guess. As opposed to last year when the player projected to go No. 1 always went No.1

I can't really confirm this since I have insufficient playing time as of now but as more people begin to play the game next week it will maybe shed some light over it. But if its true its a really good change.

Other than that the immersion is better. There are tweets and GDT in a new feature called "Messages". Fine addition since it breathes some life into the mode.

I had one say about Florida Panthers win over Detroit with 7-2
Along the lines of:

"Yes Marcel Goc did score 4 goals tonight." Thought it was kind of funny.

Edit:

Seems like contracts are overhauled as well. Players dont ask for very high contracts anymore. And you can negotiate much more than previous installations.

Last edited by fillydilly; 09-07-2013 at 07:49 AM.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:21 PM   #18
Rookie

Garism's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NHL 14: New Features in GM Mode: video

Quote:
Originally Posted by fillydilly
Been over to a friend that have the season pass early access and tried out the GM Mode. It takes approx 2½ minutes to sim through a month. But it varies but not by much that you could call it slow. Im really happy about the GM Mode this year. .
Glad to hear about that. Seems like i'll be playing this mode this year!

It's great that they actually did many upgrades to the mode, is just that they didn't advertise it as a selling point.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:15 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1
I quite like these new adjustments, the trading is a little stupid as the player's trade value goes by their potential and not their stats. Other than that, it's almost perfect! I would of loved a fantasy draft option in the normal Be a GM mode, that's always fun to play.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:41 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 14 Video - New Features in GM Mode

Any idea of what causes a player to progress or digress ratings wise?

Seemed like the consensus last year was that is obviously pertained to age and potential ratings but besides that was random. Meaning that things such as what league or line a player played on, or their ice time or stats didn't have any impact on progression. Just wondering if this is the same.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:28 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCeeTee
I quite like these new adjustments, the trading is a little stupid as the player's trade value goes by their potential and not their stats. Other than that, it's almost perfect! I would of loved a fantasy draft option in the normal Be a GM mode, that's always fun to play.
there's no fantasy draft in Be a GM? It was in NHL 13, why would they take it out again!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2013, 07:55 AM   #22
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Can anyone confirm if they have hot/cold streaks for Be a GM, or is that yet another feature that they've added to the game, but given to just online play, as Be a GM continues to slip further back on the "things we pretend to care about" list over at EA?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »