Home

PES 2014 Demo Available Now For 360, PS3 - Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on PES 2014 Demo Available Now For 360, PS3 - Post Your Impressions within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2013, 03:41 PM   #17
Banned

steveeee's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: PES 2014 Demo Available Now For 360, Later For PS3 - Post Your Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
That Boca vs Man Utd. was great. You were all over Man Utd in the first have and then they got their stuff together and straight dominated you in the second half. Very promising stuff for only on Professional level. Also PES still has a little bit to go with GK animations even though they did improve it.
haha thanks but that wasn't me playing.. just passing along the stream i seen from another forum. I watched many matches already while at work and it does looks really good...

Last edited by steveeee; 09-10-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:42 PM   #18
Rookie

Bawstun's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
Garbage.

Just had a moment where Bayern sent in a cross to the 6 yard box, De Gea literally turned into Bernie from Weekend at Bernies. Didnt move, ball floated over his hair landed 2 inches away. Never moved.

Garbage
Haven't gotten home to download the demo yet, but that sounds disappointing, those GK problems weren't existent in the demo videos.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:57 PM   #19
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
The physics engine for PES remains VERY stiff compared to FIFA. I really miss the body and ball physics of FIFA when playing PES.

Many legacy problems from PES also remain:

1. Possession always is lopsided toward human player.
2. CPU rarely changes its plan of attack.
3. CPU forms Great Wall of China at top of the box, forcing human player to rely on crosses from the wing far too often.

I was pleased to see the developers tighten the midfield defense from the CPU. It was FAR too easy to attack and counterattack through the midfield in PES 2013.
It seems as if you haven't played the demo, and instead are just saying things that were wrong with past PES games.

I've played the leaked demo, and if you up the difficulty, the AI will have more possession than you. Also, their attack is consistently changing, unlike past years. They'll hold possession, but will hit you on a counter if you leave them a chance. They'll work it into the box, or hit you with crosses.

I disliked 2013, but from the time I put in with what I'm sure is a lesser demo in the leaked one, it's fairly obvious to me that many of the legacy issues you mention are either dead or barely existent.

As for the physics, I'll take the stiff and more realistic approach of PES any day over the unrealistic motion of the competition.

Last edited by Krebstar; 09-10-2013 at 04:56 PM.
Old 09-10-2013, 04:03 PM   #20

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

After one match ... wow, this has some serious potential. It's going to take a while to figure out the best way to use the controls, particularly on defense, but this could be really really good.

For the people talking about player movement being stiff, I don't see it. If anything, I'm thinking about turning the speed down a notch. Things were moving really fast.

One of the things I notice the most is the fact that the ball is no longer stuck to the players feet like glue. It feels like a separate entity. Also, the shifts in movements and speeds. It looks amazing. And, just like every year, the players models will look crisper and more defined in the final version.

edit: i lost the possession battle in my first match, for what it's worth.
Old 09-10-2013, 04:15 PM   #21
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Some of the stuff pk500 stated isn't holding up after watching the twitch feed steveeee posted. He is playing on professional and I have noticed he hasn't been dominating in possession at all. Can't comment on the stiffness as I haven't played the demo but overall the game looks mighty fine and impressive. GK look like they could use slight work on animations but there is more good than bad with them. Gosh, I can't wait for this to hit PSN.....hurry up!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2013, 04:30 PM   #22
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Some of the stuff pk500 stated isn't holding up after watching the twitch feed steveeee posted. He is playing on professional and I have noticed he hasn't been dominating in possession at all. Can't comment on the stiffness as I haven't played the demo but overall the game looks mighty fine and impressive.
One of my biggest complaints has been the stiff/rigid feeling in the past. In the leaked demo it was miles better than anything we had seen up until now so I imagine it will be the same in the official demo but haven't played it yet.
Old 09-10-2013, 04:35 PM   #23
Rookie

ecantona9's Arena

OVR: 0

I think the game plays very well. I've played about 3 games.

I'm having a hard time with the graphics though, and maybe its just me but I think they have taken a step backwards from 2013.
Old 09-10-2013, 04:38 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 6

I'm really enjoying the game. I had a goalkeeper blunder happen as well but other than that they were solid. Really enjoy the tempo of the game and the body contact is much more natural in my opinion. In FIFA 14 you have to hold LT/L2 to shield the ball, in PES they do it naturally and it feels way better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »