Home

NHL 14 Launch Trailer

This is a discussion on NHL 14 Launch Trailer within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2013, 12:42 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NHL 14 Launch Trailer

NHL 14 is in stores today, check out the launch trailer.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2013, 01:16 PM   #2
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NHL 14 Launch Trailer

God damn, those cuts to the "different" arenas at the beginning really show how every single rink feels the same... The rest makes me wish I didn't have so much work to do right now though.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:43 PM   #3
HAMBURGLAR

edwing's Arena

OVR: 5

Looks like they got the TD Garden in but at the expense of no Pepsi Center or Canadian Tire Centre. Granted, the Sens just changed their arena name this offseason so it was likely too late to get the paperwork and legalities figured out in time. However, they could have at least put SOME text around the center ice ring instead of leaving it blank for both teams (and probably the Canes again).

Bernier wearing black (I'm assuming Kings coloured) gear on the Leafs. They did this with Anderson on the Sens for 12 and 13 as well, leaving his Avs-coloured gear on. It just seems that EA doesn't care about the little things. Disclaimer: I'm judging everything from this one video. I don't have the retail version, so if I'm wrong then I'll kindly retract my statements.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:32 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3
edwing: Bernier with LA gear. Isn't that kind of cool that he's wearing his LA gear? Once training camp opens, the correct gear can get added to the game... but until he's seen wearing the equipment, how would you expect it to be accurate?
Old 09-11-2013, 12:21 AM   #5
HAMBURGLAR

edwing's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeb
edwing: Bernier with LA gear. Isn't that kind of cool that he's wearing his LA gear? Once training camp opens, the correct gear can get added to the game... but until he's seen wearing the equipment, how would you expect it to be accurate?
For me at least that's not authentic. He's on the Leafs now (and has been for a while) so his gear should be blue. He will likely never wear Kings coloured gear while on the Leafs, so why should he in the game? As for adjusting it, replacing the black with blue would be a good start. Silver can be converted to white or blue. It would be less of an eyesore than having Kings colours. They can fix any inaccuracies once the preseason starts and they get some reference.

Based on EA's history with Anderson though, I wouldn't be so sure that they'll fix the colours so soon. Anderson was traded to Ottawa in 2010-2011. When NHL 12 came out he had already played 18 games with the Sens and yet they had him with his Colorado gear. Fast forward 1 year and NHL 13: he STILL had Colorado coloured gear at release (though I'm not 100% sure since it's been a while). So that just tells me that EA just doesn't care about the little things. For offline players at least you can edit the gear, but this type of thing just really sucks for online players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2013, 10:09 AM   #6
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwing
Looks like they got the TD Garden in but at the expense of no Pepsi Center or Canadian Tire Centre. Granted, the Sens just changed their arena name this offseason so it was likely too late to get the paperwork and legalities figured out in time. However, they could have at least put SOME text around the center ice ring instead of leaving it blank for both teams (and probably the Canes again).

Bernier wearing black (I'm assuming Kings coloured) gear on the Leafs. They did this with Anderson on the Sens for 12 and 13 as well, leaving his Avs-coloured gear on. It just seems that EA doesn't care about the little things. Disclaimer: I'm judging everything from this one video. I don't have the retail version, so if I'm wrong then I'll kindly retract my statements.
Yes Bernier has Kings gear in the retail. I changed all the black sections to Leafs blue. It was simple sure, but it is pretty baffling that this wouldn't be done as it takes like 2 minutes. Even more baffling that they would even show that in the trailer... I didn't pick up on it, good call!

And yes, I believe you're right about Anderson having his old Avs gear. For some reason I feel like in 13 he had the right colour pads, but his glove and/or blocker were still Avs colour? Could be wrong, it was a year ago, but I do feel like something was still that distinct Avs colour scheme.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »