Home

NBA 2K14 Video - Vince Carter with Celebrations (Instagram)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Video - Vince Carter with Celebrations (Instagram) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2013, 06:58 PM   #17
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: NBA 2K14 Video - Vince Carter with Celebrations (Instagram)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
Wow, not one positive post in this thread...
2K's marketing departement is really slacking this year. It's gonna pick up when they start doing next gen stuff though. I hope at least...
Nahh, I have a feeling it's on purpose. The less they hype current gen (but still make you buy it, and I'm sure it'll still sell), the more different/improved the next-gen version will seem. As good as current gen may be, they don't want to hype it, so you get even more hyped over next-gen. Psychology...?

Plus, they may release some comparison videos showing how wrong some things were done on current gen, compared to the real deal on next-gen. If they do that, they can't really hype something and then after a couple of weeks tell people it's lacking.

But we'll see... All speculations for now...

Last edited by youvalss; 09-11-2013 at 07:03 PM.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:02 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Nahh, I have a feeling it's on purpose. The less they hype current gen (but still make you buy it, and I'm sure it'll still sell), the more different/improved the next-gen version will seem. As good as current gen may be, they don't want to hype it, so you get even more hyped over next-gen. Psychology...?
Ha, I was just about to edit my post and say something like that, but I thought it sounded ridiculous so I didn't. It honestly feels as though 2K is trying to undersell the current generation as much as possible so as to create a wider divide between current and next generation. I know that's not what's happening, but the updates, teasers and reveals have been so mundane to this point that I cannot help reaching for reasons why.

Release concrete and thorough information about NBA 2K14 on current generation?

Old 09-11-2013, 07:03 PM   #19
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
I must be like the least pickiest person here. I know he's missing a beard and it's a little irritating but I mean it still looks pretty solid to me.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:08 PM   #20
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Ha, I was just about to edit my post and say something like that, but I thought it sounded ridiculous so I didn't. It honestly feels as though 2K is trying to undersell the current generation as much as possible so as to create a wider divide between current and next generation. I know that's not what's happening, but the updates, teasers and reveals have been so mundane to this point that I cannot help reaching for reasons why.

Release concrete and thorough information about NBA 2K14 on current generation?

Even if I didn't agree I would have "Liked" your comment. Any Airplane video gets a "Like" from me.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:11 PM   #21
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss

Plus, they may release some comparison videos showing how wrong some things were done on current gen, compared to the real deal on next-gen. If they do that, they can't really hype something and then after a couple of weeks tell people it's lacking.

But we'll see... All speculations for now...
Very good point. I've been thinking that as well.
The gameplay we've seen from 14 looks great and definetly improved but the small tidbits we've gotten, like this one, has been underwhelming.

I believe in your theory. They're planning to blow us away with the next gen version, and I really hope they do.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2013, 07:12 PM   #22
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

OVR: 0

Next Gen is the only thing that matters when it comes to a marketing perspective, as that is where your only competition is.

Current Gen will sell right at or slightly over 4M (million) copies, regardless imo. Why? Cause its the only option for everyone who has CG consoles. Next Gen consoles won't have the #s to allow everyone to upgrade right away and we will have to wait and see how it pans out still.

I fully expect 2K to bombard us w/ NG info as soon as they can in order to crush skulls and stomp throats of their only competitor.

Last edited by JasonWilliams55; 09-12-2013 at 12:55 AM.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:37 PM   #23
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by airaron32
Sorry for the caps but WAIT FOR THE BEARD ON NEXT GEN! JESUS! IF IT ISN'T CLEAR TO YOU GUYS THAT THE ART IS CHANGING FOR NEXT GEN THEN Y'ALL NEED TO GET YOUR HEADS CHECKED.
Lol..If it isn't clear to you that 2k can indeed update players on current gen..yes I said current gen (Go see Manu, bellinelli, Cole, Shumpert as proof in 2k14) then maybe you should get your head checked. Stop making excuses for them. People should not be expected to go out and spend $400-$500 to get some up to date face scans..jeesh. People aren't expecting current gen to look like the E3 next gen reveal but they can put in some new faces for those that need them on this gen as they've shown that in my previous examples(What is it year 3 for vince without a beard?). This isn't going to make me not buy the game but let's not act like what people are complaining about is asking too much.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

Last edited by NINJAK2; 09-11-2013 at 08:16 PM.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:37 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 15

This worries me ...... I think im gonna get stuck with another ugly Jimmy Butler CF

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »