Home

NBA 2K14 Makes You Lebron, Path to Greatness Mode Details

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Makes You Lebron, Path to Greatness Mode Details within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2013, 10:09 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NBA 2K14 Makes You Lebron, Path to Greatness Mode Details

When it comes to the NBA, no matter where you look, LeBron James is there.

NBA 2K14 will feature a new 'Path to Greatness Mode' which will allow players to decide the future of LeBron James' career. The mode is a storyline driven mode, meaning you will be playing out the future of LeBron James' career on the hardwood in some fashion.

You will be able to choose from two very different paths in the future for James. You will play into the future by completing both full and partial games, needing to complete each game to progress onwards -- not unlike a traditional single player experience.

The two paths you can choose from include 'Continue Heat Dynasty' and 'Fantastic Journey', both of which with vastly different outcomes. The former sounds as it is and is likely the simpler of the two, 'Fantastic Journey' involves Lebron taking his talents to New York with the Knicks after this season.

You won't be playing full seasons in the mode though, as some of the paths you can take might have you playing only a couple of key games per season. However, there are interesting scenarios and storylines which might play out, as players move from team to team in the futuristic version of the NBA.

The one catch? It's exclusive only to PS3 and XBox 360. Which answers the question on whether NBA 2K14 will be fully featured on next-gen consoles as well it appears. Sources: Polygon, GamesRadar
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / Wii U / PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2013, 10:43 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
I love 2k doing this stuff, just like the Jordan Challenge, legends, and the Wrestlemania story. It adds so much to the Single player experience. Truly a remarkable feat for sports games. Something like this would definitely liven up Madden. Funny is that they had a legends mode in NFL2K5 too.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:45 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K14 Makes You Lebron, Path to Greatness Mode Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
The one catch? It's exclusive only to PS3 and XBox 360. Which answers the question on whether NBA 2K14 will be fully featured on next-gen consoles as well it appears. Sources: Polygon, GamesRadar
Yeah. Until I hear it from Ronnie2k, I'm taking any reports of "current gen only" with a grain of salt. It makes little sense to invest all the money and time in creating the assets for the mode and then not put in the relatively simple scripting to bring it to next gen as well.

That said, I don't think "Path to Greatness" is going to move many copies of the game. If it really isn't in next gen, that's kind of stupid on 2k's part, but it's not a mode most consumers were clamoring for.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:45 AM   #4
Banned

Oh joy an entire mode dedicated to lebron....my career better be good this year and not tbe same thing from 2k 11 12 and 13
Old 09-13-2013, 10:54 AM   #5
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

This is weak...So you either stay with the Heat or go to the Knicks??? HOw lame is that I wanted to put Lebron on the Bulls or anyother team I choose since its a "FANTASY" story smh bring on the next gen info please im completely done with current gen news.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2013, 10:57 AM   #6
Banned

Knicks my team but why not have it he stay with the Cavs? Or why can't we play from his rookie year and as he progress year by year his player model changes and hair change like how they did with Jordan in nba 2k11?
Old 09-13-2013, 10:57 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
This is weak...So you either stay with the Heat or go to the Knicks??? HOw lame is that I wanted to put Lebron on the Bulls or anyother team I choose since its a "FANTASY" story smh bring on the next gen info please im completely done with current gen news.
Agreed. I would choose to take him back to Cleveland to play with Kyrie and build a dynasty there.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:57 AM   #8
MVP

bigball12's Arena

OVR: 12

Well, there goes any chance at an 07' Pistons classic team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »