Home

NBA 2K14 Video - More Path to Greatness Gameplay

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Video - More Path to Greatness Gameplay within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2013, 06:49 PM   #17
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: New gameplay!

Jumpshots are a lot faster... Just look at Iman Shumpert on that LD2K vs Ronnie2K gameplay. His jumper is lightning fast. I think it's too make up for the too fast players recovery.

It also looks like to me player models are slightly smaller than before helping the spacing. Wich looks really good.

I still don't feel the rebounding though.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:52 PM   #18
Pro

JJRuelz's Arena

OVR: 4

maybe they increased the speed
Old 09-15-2013, 06:56 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 0

nice to see Faried's hair has been updated
Old 09-15-2013, 07:34 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I'm assuming its to make up for the fact that you have to hold the stick? I'm not a fan of the shots I have seen so far...LeBron was the only one that didn't seem like a "flick"

One good sign is that no one has seemed to struggle with dribble/shooting controls...(assuming they weren't using the button)

Im very excited about defense...The recovery to block Haslem would've resulted in one of those defensive "shot in mid air" animations in 2k13...
I hope catching and shooting or catching and finishing will not be a problem especially considering the new controls and the online servers.

I also agree its probably why they sped the shooting up at an unrealistic speed, also nobody has complained and seem to have positive feedback concerning the controls, so I guess their is nothing to be concerned about until we play offline and online. Hopefully we can test the demo online as well.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:51 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 5

Anyone notice how blazingly quick Okoye recovered the ball and scored when Lebron blocked his shot at 0:25? McLemore was in perfect position to get the ball but the Okoye just recovered the ball within a blink of an eye and put it back in for two before McLemore or Lebron (his block animation took him totally out of position) could react again. Not a good sign in terms of responsiveness.

Last edited by strobox88; 09-15-2013 at 07:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2013, 07:53 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Jumpshots are a lot faster... Just look at Iman Shumpert on that LD2K vs Ronnie2K gameplay. His jumper is lightning fast. I think it's too make up for the too fast players recovery.

It also looks like to me player models are slightly smaller than before helping the spacing. Wich looks really good.

I still don't feel the rebounding though.
I knew I couldn't be the only one noticing the court looked a little bigger. That camera angle was also not able to be replicated in 2k13. The pc guys were the only ones who could through mods but this is actually the real broadcast view where you could see into the second row of the crowd at the bottom of the screen.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:05 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 4

So assuming spacing couldnt be fixed, now we have super fast jumpshots.

Game looks decent.

Hopefully ps4 version will be more than just graphics. Ready for spacing issue to be solved.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:07 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 0

Judging from the Mavs clip where the big man got block and scored after and they did a close up, the create a character template is the same with same horrible looking hairstyles

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »