Home

New Mutant Football League Game Launches Kickstarter

This is a discussion on New Mutant Football League Game Launches Kickstarter within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2013, 04:45 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: New Mutant Football League Game Launches Kickstarter

Update from Michael Mendheim:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...eague/comments

"Xbox 360/Mobile versions will have 2D characters. For Xbox One, we are planning to go full 3D for everything, including new graphics, etc. This is why there is a significant price jump.

For $30.00, we'll throw in a PC/Steam straight port along with Xbox 360 and mobile systems.

We will announce an update shortly."
Old 09-16-2013, 05:23 PM   #18
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40
Awesome! I wish they made the KS longer or had a lower goal though. Doubt it'll make it
Old 09-16-2013, 06:21 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0
Well I for one love the series and played tons of the game.I always would think how cool a NEW mutant league football game would be.With a awesome 3D graphics and made in a great ragdoll physics engine.I never imagined it would be made for a stupid phone.

If your going to ask for a huge amount on a great series at least do it justice.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:45 PM   #20
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob
I know how the process and costs involved, but they don't need to pee on my leg and tell me it's raining.

They're making this game for mobile. A mobile game doesn't take 750k to make. That's asinine.

Look at the other games on kick starter. Heck, General Chaos 2 has a goal of 150k or so. If they aren't planning on PS3 and just planning on next-gen, the architecture point you raised is moot. Most kick starter games are under 250k. MLF doesn't need 750 to be made.

Anyways, this won't hit its goal. Sadly, because I love the series.
You don't need someone to piss on your leg and tell you it's raining, but apparently you DO need people to read the actual Kickstarter for you and tell you how wrong you are about virtually everything you've said.

Carolina Panthers - NC State Wolfpack - Charlotte Hornets - Brisbane Roar FC - VfB Stuttgart
Old 09-16-2013, 11:19 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Official project update:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...l-league/posts

Quote:
Hey everyone,

A huge thanks for all the support and kind words for the project. Your words of encouragement and advice have been extremely helpful Thank you all for backing the project and if we hit our goal we promise we won't let you down.

Okay down to business. This is my first Kickstarter project and I guess I have a lot to learn. I've heard the complaints on pricing and their not being a PC game from the get go. honestly I had no idea the PC version was so important to everyone. I've had a chance to discuss with the team, specifically my technical director and here's what we're going to do.

HOW COME THERE IS NO PC VERSION?

1). We will give a PC version of the game to all price point tiers. That's right, for $15.00 bucks you will get the mobile and PC version.

2). We will add a couple nice goodies to add value to the $30.00 price point (in addition to also getting the PC version). Just need to think about this. If you guys have any ideas let me know.

STRETCH GOALS

We're pulling them off the page. We just want to do everything possible to focus on our core goal. We will resubmit if we get closer.

REWARDS THAT UNBALANCE THE GAME

Why would we do that? MFL is a game of strategy, tactics and skills. All of the animation rewards add life and personality to the characters. It's cool visual eye candy - nothing more. It doesn't make one character more powerful than another character. It makes them unique.

PAY TO WIN

Never will a player be able to pay their way to success in The Mutant Football League. Skill and treachery is what will be required to win (not money).

There is some big news about this project that we will be dropping early next week. It's good news. Just finalizing some negotiations. I'll will write up more FAQS and adjust all the rewards tomorrow.

Again, thanks for all the support and feedback. I'll work with you guys as best I can and make things good.

Best,

Michael
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2013, 02:50 AM   #22
Rookie

Tommyspud's Arena

OVR: 11

I put down $30 to hopefully see this thing come to pass and actually happen.

In the meantime, I'll be messing around on TSB and maybe update an old Mutant League rosters thing I haven't touched in a long time.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:52 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

So they've changed the platforms and pricing pretty significantly:

$13 -- PC version (STEAM)
$15 -- Mobile Version
$25 -- Xbox 360 or PS3 digital version
Old 09-19-2013, 01:10 PM   #24
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Backed it, but have no expectation that it will get funded. Those initial tiers should probably be like $30 and they'd do a bit better $-wise.

Should reduce the cost and focus on a certain product, this feels like it's being built around mobile and they've tacked on the others. They should do mobile this round and have a separate campaign for the other platforms after this one has knocked it out of the park.

Higher initial kickstarter is a big gamble and could result in them getting nothing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »