Home

NBA 2K14 Video - Gameplay Developer Insight

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Video - Gameplay Developer Insight within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2013, 06:48 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K14 Gameplay Developer Insight (Video)

Bring on some myteam news @LD2K, i think myteam is gonna be awesome
Old 09-18-2013, 06:51 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

It was interesting to hear the piece on how 2K used to just artificially lower the percentages for shots inside that were contested. Trying to find a system that works where a player is able to make contested shots but not too many contested shots seems like an absolute pain, so I'm hoping the changes in that regard are for the best. I definitely was not a fan of the previous system, where I knew if I was going to miss a shot (regardless of distance, positioning, angle, momentum, and ability) based upon whether a defender was able to trigger a "contested" outcome.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:51 PM   #19
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

OVR: 0

It looks great to me I'm buying it! To those of you who never post but want to let everyone know that this looks like 2k13 , keep NOT posting and hold your opinion until demo next week

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 09-18-2013, 06:53 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 0

I think the "feel" of this game is gonna be a deciding factor for a lot of people. Kinda sucks for 2K, since there's only so much talking you can do about that. Hopefully they get a demo out soon. Cool video though. At least I know what to check for.

(Pistons haven't worn that red alternate in probably 4 years, btw. Gotta show off the new navy blue uniforms )
Old 09-18-2013, 06:57 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 7

Contact looks great, paint defense looks great, animations so smooth, and shotblocking amazing. Just for these reasons alone I dont know how people can keep saying "nba 2k13.5" I gues people just look at the graphics and nothing else
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2013, 06:57 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADBOYS3
I think the "feel" of this game is gonna be a deciding factor for a lot of people. Kinda sucks for 2K, since there's only so much talking you can do about that. Hopefully they get a demo out soon. Cool video though. At least I know what to check for.

(Pistons haven't worn that red alternate in probably 4 years, btw. Gotta show off the new navy blue uniforms )
I think you're right. The game looks like NBA 2K13 but I agree that it'll be a matter of whether it plays like 2K14, if that makes sense. I am curious to see how much difference the on-court improvements really make.

And I was thinking the same thing as you about those Pistons reds. I'm cool with that though because I'm a fan of super deep jersey selections (past and current). Also, those reds take me back to good times:

Old 09-18-2013, 07:04 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 30
Damn. I gotta get more time with 13, still. Just got my fixed PS3 back less than 2 weeks ago after almost a year of it being shutdown and only played a smidge of it that night. Still love it and won't trade it in but now that I can't stop playing GTA V and 14 on preorder, not far off, this is gunna be tough. I'm just a little concerned about the new pro stick, tho, which is apart of y I'm hanging on to 13. Will see...
Old 09-18-2013, 07:08 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 33

While the (gameplay) video was OK, it didnt met my expectations, was expecting it to be a truely insight and indepth one ... then again, how indepth can they be without also releasing written articles, showing comparison sequences (like Da-Czar) or some under the hood things, thus I doubt this last thing would appeal to the casuals or most of the target.

Anyways, looking forward to further details, news and videos.

P.S:
Also, these type of videos are supposed to not only inform the audience but should also aid to hype and sell the game. I, personaly, didnt felt that with it.

Would suggest 2k to use some of the reactions of people who went to events and played the early builds, even more since all love it. That should have been the last scenes of the gameplay video with a few sparkled around after devs comments.

IMHO, specially given how many seem not to appreciate the outstanding effort that was applied and considering how the game is more like "great balance and fun feeling", would of been pure gold to showcase the fans feelings and reactions.

Am no marketing guru tho, just expressing what I was looking for and what moves me ... and maybe, others too.

Last edited by ffaacc03; 09-18-2013 at 07:12 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »